Senior-level Transportation Engineer or Planner & Market Builder - Anchorage, AK
LIVE, WORK & PLAY in Anchorage, Alaska
Kittelson & Associates, Inc. (KAI) has an immediate opening for a senior-level transportation engineer/planner and market builder in our Anchorage, AK office. We are looking for a talented, energetic transportation professional help us continue to build a long-term consulting practice in Alaska.
As a member of our senior management team, you would be expected to perform the following essential tasks:
- Create and implement business development strategies, expanding, and managing client relations in the Alaska marketplace.
- Serve as a project manager or project principal on major transportation planning and design projects throughout the state and country.
- Arrange, facilitate, and prepare for meetings/coordination with major clients such as State DOTs, MPOs, local governments and consulting team partners, as well as key project stakeholders.
- Conduct high level design/planning and programming analysis work including preparation of technical documents and reports.
Implement quality control and quality assurance procedures at project and task levels.
- Be a leader in the Alaska transportation community by mentoring internal staff and providing continuing educational opportunities for others.
- Must have professional registration (PE or AICP) and ability to obtain AK registration within one year.
- Must have at least ten years of past experience in sales and marketing, client management, generating proposals, fee negotiations, project planning, effective communications, managing budgets, and leading multi-disciplinary teams on transportation projects for various clients and governmental agencies.
- Must have a strong desire to mentor staff in a highly collaborative environment.
KAI has been providing transportation engineering, planning, and research services to government agencies, municipalities, and private organizations since 1985. We develop thoughtful and creative transportation solutions that apply directly to real-world problems with the goal of improving the performance of all transportation systems and creating more livable communities. Our staff members practice the firm’s outward focus by leading national transportation research projects, mentoring young staff, providing continuing educational opportunities for industry professionals, and finding ways to improve the value of our work.
KAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and provides an excellent benefit package. Starting salary will be dependent on experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates should submit their information here and reference this posting in the cover letter.