Kittelson has an immediate opening for a senior-level transportation engineer/planner in our Phoenix, Arizona, office to support our ongoing work and growth in the Phoenix area.
The senior-level transportation engineer/planner will take an active role in the Phoenix office and the Arizona region. The successful candidate will have a strong desire to advance his/her professional career and help develop a transportation practice through local knowledge and experience as either a transportation engineer or transportation planner. Candidates should have solid interpersonal skills to interface with internal staff and clients.
- 6+ years in positions of increasing responsibility in the industry
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: transportation planning, traffic operations, signal systems/ITS, and/or roadway design
- Ability to manage tasks/projects, work within a team environment, and interact with clients
- PE or AICP
- Ability and interest in contributing to the development of other staff
Preferred Soft Skills
- Entrepreneurial and consulting spirit to serve internal and external clients
- Passion for the transportation industry and consulting
- Natural teaching and mentoring ability
- A strong desire to learn
- Outward focus, with high level of customer service
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.