Location: Orange Oakland Sacramento San Francisco
Kittelson is looking for an experienced transportation engineer to join our Orange, Oakland, San Francisco or Sacramento office to support the permitting, design and construction of development projects in the public and private sectors.
The transportation engineer (development services focus) will provide services to private developers and development-related organizations throughout California. The position will be based in our Orange, Oakland, San Francisco or Sacramento office. Candidates must have extensive experience in preparing transportation engineering/planning studies to support the permitting, design, and construction of development projects involving all types of land uses, for clients in both the public and private sectors. Candidates must also have a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, find solutions to technically complex problems, and build consensus among agencies, clients, and stakeholders. A strong entrepreneurial spirit, for pursuing and winning work, and the ability to mentor and develop other staff, is key to this position.
- 10+ years of experience focused on traffic operations, transportation planning, transportation engineering, or environmental planning specializing in transportation
- Certification: AICP, CTP, PE, TE, PTOE, LEED and/or PTP
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with emphasis on transportation, planning or a closely-related field; master’s degree preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of traffic operations analysis software (Synchro, HCS, Traffix, and/or Vistro)
- Strong working knowledge of CEQA and NEPA, and future impacts of SB 743
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Effective communication skills and capability to appropriately represent client interests while balancing the needs of other project stakeholders
- Strong ability to effectively manage projects and develop internal and client relationships
- Proven experience in providing quality technical analysis and oversight
- Willingness and ability to lead and win competitive marketing pursuits
- Connections within local transportation community; ability to partner with key professionals in development, architecture, and environmental/planning
Preferred Soft Skills:
- Entrepreneurial and consulting spirit to serve internal and external clients
- Passion for the transportation industry
- Ability to teach and mentor other staff
- Strong desire to learn
- Outward focus, with high level of customer service
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills and ability to build trusting relationships
- Ability to problem-solve in real time
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.