Kittelson has an immediate opening for a traffic operations and design engineer in our Boston office to build upon our regional and national expertise in traffic analysis and operations, traffic design and systems engineering.
The traffic operations and design engineer will provide design and traffic operations support for senior-level engineers and planners in our Boston office. He/she will be responsible for conducting capacity analysis, preparing technical reports, and developing designs for projects at a variety of different stages (concept through final design), and must be available to step in and take over additional responsibilities as needed. The position requires skills in traffic operations, traffic design, and systems engineering, and ability to manage internal tasks and mentor junior-level staff. The successful candidate will have the desire and interpersonal skills to interface with internal and external clients (receiving mentoring and support to become successful in this role), and will consistently assume additional responsibility during the course of his/her career with the firm.
- 2-5 years of design experience, with civil engineering background
- Bachelor of science degree in civil engineering
- EIT required, PE preferred
- Experience in traffic operations
- Experience with Synchro and AutoCAD
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Experience in preparing plans, specifications and estimates
- Experience leading technical analyses
- AutoTURN analysis
- Signal design
Preferred Soft Skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude with desire to assume additional responsibility
- Interest in working on innovative projects involving traffic operations, complete streets design and innovative intersection designs
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to teach and mentor other staff
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to build trusting relationships
- Commitment to delivering excellence
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.