Kittelson has an immediate opening for a talented, energetic Transportation Analyst with an interest in data analysis to work in our Orlando, Florida office.
The transportation analyst will join an established practice in our Orlando office and help build on our regional and national expertise in traffic analysis and operations, modeling and simulation. This position will involve working alongside nationally known experts in each of these fields who will provide mentorship and guidance for this growth opportunity.
This staff person will be responsible for conducting transportation data analysis, performing traffic operation study, completing transportation modeling tasks, preparing technical reports, and will be available to step in and take over additional responsibilities as needed. The position requires skills in Python/R/C++/VBA, understanding of traffic flow theory, and a high aptitude for learning traffic simulation and modeling. The successful candidate will have a strong desire and the interpersonal skills to interface with internal and external clients and will receive mentoring and support from the team to become successful in this role. The successful candidate will consistently assume additional responsibility as they manage their own career path at the firm.
- 0- 2 years of experience
- Masters or PHD in Civil Engineering
- Engineering in Training (EIT) designation
- Experience in Python/R/C++/VBA
- Understanding of traffic flow theory
- High aptitude for learning
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Experience in travel demand modeling or dynamic traffic assignment models.
- Experience with transportation-related data processing.
- Experience in the following programs
- Cube Voyage/TransCAD/VISUM
- DynusT/Dynameq/ DTALite/Transmodeler/ Vissim/AIMSUN
Preferred Soft Skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude and wants to take on additional responsibility
- Interest in working on innovative projects involving traffic operations, complete streets design and innovative intersection designs
- Strong communication skills
- Teaching and mentoring ability
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build trusting relationships
- Committed to delivering excellence
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.