Marketing and Proposal Coordinator
Kittelson & Associates has an immediate opening for a Marketing and Proposal Coordinator to work for our team of progressive transportation engineering and planning professionals. We are looking for a talented, energetic professional to join the team and focus on, as well as lead, complex and high-profile proposals and other industry-related products throughout our Northeast Region.
The successful candidate will have 3 to 5 years of experience (A/E/C industry preferred) in producing proposals and managing the proposal process combined with the following: Proficient with InDesign and MS Word; have excellent organizational and time management skills; be detail-oriented; have a working knowledge of database concepts; a basic understanding of engineering terminology and procedures; knowledge of marketing fundamentals; and strong mentoring skills.
This position will be join an excellent creative services team located at various offices throughout the U.S. and will provide support for variety of proposal efforts. There is an opportunity for this position to be located in Reston, Virginia; Baltimore, Maryland; Washington, DC or Boston, Massachusetts.
- Work independently on routine and complex work tasks, often with challenging coordination requirements.
- The work requires a broad knowledge of a given specialty area and a generalized knowledge of all related proposal/marketing specialties.
- Identify, create and oversee regional proposal/marketing‐related initiatives.
- Collaborate with partnering firm peers and can represent the firm through a variety of client/peer interactions.
- Maintain a critical understanding of firm practices and the overall transportation engineering/planning profession.
- Provide knowledgeable support and production skills, develop and maintain marketing information systems and records.
- Conduct research, track leads and execute marketing support activities (i.e. event/trade show coordination).
- With the support of Project Managers/Business Development Leaders (BDL), oversee marketing projects and lead proposal coordination/marketing efforts.
- Participate/collaborate in establishing and implementation of marketing/Business Development programs, policies, and procedures.
- Provide peer mentorship and training for staff, and are strongly encouraged to be involved in local SMPS chapter or similar professional organization(s).
- Interact directly with clients by attending pre-proposal/scoping meetings with oversight or direction from Project Manager (PM) or BDL.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience with custom proposals for state, municipal, federal and other miscellaneous proposal formats.
- Proficient with InDesign and MS Word.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A working knowledge of database concepts.
- A basic understanding of engineering terminology and procedures.
- Knowledge of marketing fundamentals; strong mentoring skills.
This position offers competitive salary and benefits including diverse cultural environment, flexible work schedule, comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, and an outstanding retirement program.
To apply, please email email@example.com and reference Marketing and Proposal Coordinator in your submittal.
KAI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of veteran status or disability. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.