Transportation Engineer to Lead Project Design Work - Sacramento, CA
Kittelson & Associates, Inc. (KAI) has an immediate opening for a mid- to senior-level transportation engineer in our Sacramento office. We are looking for a talented, energetic professional to lead design projects, mentor and train our engineering staff, and help generate business development opportunities in roadway and transportation engineering.
KAI has been providing transportation engineering, planning, and research services to government agencies, municipalities, and private organizations since 1985. We develop thoughtful and creative transportation solutions that apply directly to real-world problems with the goal of improving the performance of all transportation systems. Our staff members practice the firm’s outward focus by leading national transportation research projects, mentoring young staff, providing educational opportunities for industry professionals, and finding ways to improve the value of our work.
This person will provide design support for senior level transportation engineers and will be responsible for internal task management and mentoring to junior level staff. This project engineer will also be responsible for developing construction drawings and will be available to step in and take over some of the responsibilities of the Principal Engineer as needed. The successful candidate will have a strong desire and the interpersonal skills to interface with clients and will receive mentoring and support from the team to become successful in this role. The successful candidate will be looking for more opportunities to take on additional responsibility as they manage their own career path at the firm.
• 5-10 years of experience with a civil background;
• Hands on design experience with experience in the traditional design elements of either of the following: signals, roadway design, signing, striping, street lighting but also geometric and/or functional design;
• Experience in preparing Plans, Specifications, and Estimates (PS&E);
• PE in CA or ability to obtain in the near future;
• Past experience in internal task management with a track record of organizing and training junior level staff on project components;
• Software: Expert in either Microstation, AutoCAD, InRoads and/or Civil3D.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
• Design experience with roundabout layouts and geometric design.
• Entrepreneurial and consulting spirit to serve the client;
• Passion for the transportation industry;
• Natural teaching and mentoring ability;
• Outward focus with a high level of customer service;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trusting relationships;
• Ability to think on their feet with strong communication skills.
The professionals who now define our reputation and quality of work came to the company one by one, each bringing the commitment, initiative, inquisitiveness, and willingness to take risks that has led to our collective success. Our staff is committed to our overall firm purpose and mission to create and sustain a lifelong learning environment for all staff, increase the value and contributions of our profession and the communities we serve, and provide the opportunity for the independent success of all staff.
If you have a passion for what you do and want to work with a great team that is making a difference in Transportation today, we want to hear from you!
Interested candidates should email email@example.com to express interest and please reference Sacramento Project Engineer as part of your submittal.
KAI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of veteran status or disability.