Providence Health Systems
KAI has provided traffic engineering and transportation planning expertise to Providence Health Systems for over ten of their campuses in Oregon, Washington, and Alaska. Providence Health Systems owns and operates over 15 medical facilities, including full-campus hospitals, clinics, and medical office buildings throughout the Pacific Northwest. KAI's work has included:
- Providing technical input regarding site selection, informing decision-makers of the transportation feasibility of alternative new sites.
- Working closely with architects, urban designers, and civil engineers to plan, design, and work with local jurisdictions— gaining public acceptance and approvals for new hospitals and expansions at existing facilities.
- Preparing traffic impact analyses to assess the impact of new and expanded development on transportation systems.
- Developing parking management plans to make the most efficient use of limited space available for vehicular parking.
- Planning and designing the internal circulation systems, and their connections to the adjacent arterial and highway systems.
- Developing Transportation Demand Management plans, with a particular focus on minimizing vehicular trips for patients and employees to the medical facility.