Senior-level Transportation Engineer/Planner in Phoenix, AZ
Kittelson & Associates, Inc. (KAI) has an immediate opening for a senior-level transportation engineer/planner and market builder in our Phoenix, AZ office. We are looking for a talented, energetic professional to help lead our growth in the Phoenix area through developing new business opportunities, managing projects, and mentoring and training our engineering staff.
KAI has been providing transportation engineering, planning, and research services to government agencies, municipalities, and private organizations since 1985. We develop thoughtful and creative transportation solutions that apply directly to real-world problems with the goal of improving the performance of all transportation systems. Our staff members practice the firm’s outward focus by leading national transportation research projects, mentoring young staff, providing educational opportunities for industry professionals, and finding ways to improve the value of our work.
This person will take an active lead in the Phoenix office and the Arizona Region. The successful candidate will have a strong desire and ability to develop business through local knowledge and extensive experience as either a transportation engineer or transportation planner. Candidates should have solid interpersonal skills to interface with clients and internal staff.
• 15+ years of increasing experience in the industry;
• Expertise in one or more of the following areas: transportation planning, traffic operations, or signal systems/ITS;
• Demonstrated ability to develop clients and business;
• PE or AICP;
• Strong knowledge of the Phoenix market;
• Ability and interest in developing internal staff.
• Entrepreneurial and consulting spirit to serve the client;
• Passion for the transportation industry;
• Natural teaching and mentoring ability;
• Outward focus with a high level of customer service and collaboration;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trusting relationships;
• Ability to think on their feet with strong communication skills.
The professionals who now define our reputation and quality of work came to the company one by one, each bringing the commitment, initiative, inquisitiveness, and willingness to take risks that has led to our collective success. Our staff is committed to our overall firm purpose and mission to create and sustain a lifelong learning environment for all staff, increase the value and contributions of our profession and the communities we serve, and provide the opportunity for the independent success of all staff.
If you have a passion for what you do and want to work with a great team that is making a difference in Transportation today, we want to hear from you!
Interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest and please reference Phoenix Engineer/Planner as part of your submittal.
KAI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of veteran status or disability.