Civil Transportation Engineer in Tucson, AZ
Kittelson & Associates, Inc. (KAI) has an immediate opening for a Civil Transportation Engineer in our Tucson office. We are looking for a talented, energetic professional to join the team to work on roadway and traffic engineering projects.
KAI has been providing transportation engineering, planning, and research services to government agencies, municipalities, and private organizations since 1985. Our Tucson office has been operating since 1994. We develop thoughtful and creative transportation solutions that apply directly to real-world problems with the goal of improving the performance of all transportation systems. Our staff members practice the firm’s outward focus by leading national transportation research projects, mentoring young staff, providing educational opportunities for industry professionals, and finding ways to improve the value of our work.
This person will join a strong team of civil design professionals. The successful candidate will have a strong desire to develop a career in roadway engineering. Candidates should have solid interpersonal skills to interface with clients and internal staff.
• 3+ years of increasing experience with a civil engineering background;
• Hands on experience in geometric and functional roadway design, and preparation of final roadway design plans (e.g. roadway, drainage, traffic signals, signing/striping);
• PE in AZ or ability to obtain in the near future;
• Significant experience with either Microstation or AutoCAD;
• Experience with InRoads and/or Civil3D is desirable.
• Entrepreneurial and consulting spirit to serve the client;
• Passion for the transportation industry;
• Natural teaching and mentoring ability;
• Outward focus with a high level of customer service and collaboration;
• Ability to think apply critical thinking to complex engineering problems.
The professionals who now define our reputation and quality of work came to the company one by one, each bringing the commitment, initiative, inquisitiveness, and willingness to take risks that has led to our collective success. Our staff is committed to our overall firm purpose and mission to create and sustain a lifelong learning environment for all staff, increase the value and contributions of our profession and the communities we serve, and provide the opportunity for the independent success of all staff.
If you have a passion for what you do and want to work with a great team that is making a difference in Transportation today, we want to hear from you!
Interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest and please reference Tucson Civil Transportation Engineer as part of your submittal.
KAI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of veteran status or disability.