Kittelson & Associates, Inc., is a transportation planning and engineering firm that is committed to developing thoughtful and creative solutions to real-world problems, with the goal of improving the performance of transportation systems and equitably serving all members of a community. We are looking for a Visualization Specialist to join our team.
We are looking for a talented 3D visualization professional to develop and create motion graphics for transportation planning and engineering projects. This person will join a creative team that partners with Kittelson’s transportation planners and engineers to advance projects and ideas in offices nationwide.
Typical visualization products include: printed or digital content for study and research reports; manuals and guidebooks; educational materials and presentations; public outreach materials; websites and videos; and marketing and communications campaigns.
Work location is flexible, although Boise, Idaho is preferred. Alternatively, this position may be based in one of several offices in the Pacific Northwest or Florida. Work will be remote for the immediate future, due to COVID-19.
- Assist with creating storyboards to ensure the visualization communicates clearly and concisely.
- Create small to large 3D environments, including the following tasks:
- 3D modeling
- Character rigging
- Texture mapping
- Multi-modal animation
- Lighting and environmental conditions
- Create virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR) scenes for both desktop, Oculus goggles, and smart devices.
- Create “before” and “after” photo-simulations using camera match techniques and/or Photoshop techniques.
- Work in AutoCAD and Adobe software environments to support visualization products.
- Assemble videos to include real video footage, animations, graphics, voiceover, and apply video effects and transitions to create a professional quality video.
- Create interactive 3D web scenes.
- Write programming code to help advance visualization products.
- Work closely with other creative individuals with expertise in graphic design, illustration, and other visual communication skills.
- Synthesize the work of multiple authors into the final visualization product.
- Identify opportunities to advance our visualization practice and integrate new tools and techniques into our daily projects.
- Mentor staff to help with visualization exercises, concepts, and techniques to further visualization practice.
- 5+ years of visualization experience and/or providing services comparable to those described above
- Advanced skills in 3D modeling, animation, texturing, and rendering
- Intermediate to advanced skills in AutoCAD
- Intermediate Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Experience using a variety of industry standard 3D tools
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (A/E/C) industry experience
- Programming skills to advanced visualization tools
- Experience with gaming engines and other interactive visualization tools
- Experience with MicroStation and 3D modeling from InRoads/OpenRoads
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro skills
Preferred Soft Skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Strong leadership, communication, and collaborative skills
- Entrepreneurial and consulting spirit to serve internal and external clients
- A strong desire to learn
- Ability to build trusting relationships
- Ability to teach and mentor other staff
- Commitment to serving others first, with a high level of customer service
Compensation and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, a generous and flexible PTO program (in addition to parental leave), an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity and inclusion.
Base salary plus retirement range for this position (place in range determined by candidate’s experience): $65,000-85,000.
We also recognize the performance of all staff through a performance bonus program based upon each individual’s contributions to key areas that lead to the achievement of our collective goals.
Flexible Work Environments
Kittelson supports flexible work environments, including providing stipends for cell phone and to offset the cost of setting up a remote or mobile office.
If you have a passion for what you do and want to work with a great team that is making a difference in transportation today, we want to hear from you! Please express interest for this position by using the “Apply Now” button below. During the application process you will be asked to upload a cover letter and resume.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.