Kittelson is seeking to hire a talented, energetic administrative professional in our Orlando office.
Introduction to Kittelson
How would you like to work for a company defined by its core values, diverse culture and market, and professional leadership? Kittelson is a trust-based organization that provides industry-leading transportation engineering, planning, and research services to government agencies, municipalities, and private organizations. We develop thoughtful and creative transportation solutions that apply directly to real-world problems, with the goal of improving the performance of all transportation systems. Our staff members practice the firm’s outward-focused values by leading national transportation research projects, mentoring junior-level staff, providing educational opportunities for industry professionals, and finding ways to improve the value of our work.
Kittelson is seeking to hire an administrative professional in our Orlando office who will assist staff and create an impactful first impression for internal and external clients. You will support our 50-person (and growing) staff of engineers, planners, and accounting and marketing professionals in the Florida region. You will fill roles specific to the Florida offices in addition to operating as part of the firmwide administrative team. Your schedule will be dynamic, comprising a variety of tasks and responsibilities. The ideal candidate is a motivated team player who is organized and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-focused environment. This is an hourly position—full-time preferred, part-time considered.
The administrative professional is responsible for a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Provide meaningful first impressions and client service as the face/voice of Kittelson’s Florida presence by screening incoming calls to the main office phone and greeting clients, visitors, and vendors
- Assist in planning meetings, conferences, and events
- Lead office operations by keeping the office and kitchen stocked and common areas maintained
- Actively participate as a member of Kittelson’s firmwide administrative team, handling administrative requests such as booking travel and accommodations, calendaring, mailing and shipping, and updating contact databases
- Assist Florida staff in preparing correspondence, memos, transmittals, and emails
- Gather, organize, and summarize information for projects, marketing efforts, and business operations for Florida staff and leadership team
- Handle production of reports and proposals, including copying, collating, and binding, when needed
- Assist with special projects on an as-needed basis
- Process-oriented approach and ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks concurrently, and prioritize work
- Proficient with office software, including Microsoft Office 365
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Associate of Arts (AA) degree (preferred)
Required Soft Skills
- Detail-driven and organized
- Confident team player, able to take on big and small tasks
- Outward-focused, with high level of customer service
Salary and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer‐paid health insurance, an outstanding retirement program, and a diverse cultural environment.
To apply, please submit your profile and attach your resume. No phone calls, please.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Kittelson is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.