Kittelson has an immediate opening for a talented, energetic administrative professional in our Orlando, Florida, office.
Introduction to Kittelson
Kittelson & Associates, Inc. is a trust‐based organization that provides industry-leading transportation engineering, planning, and research services to government agencies, municipalities, and private organizations. We develop thoughtful and creative transportation solutions that apply directly to real‐world problems, with the goal of improving the performance of all transportation systems. Our staff members practice the firm’s outward‐focused values by leading national transportation research projects, mentoring junior-level staff, providing educational opportunities for industry professionals, and finding ways to improve the value of our work.
How would you like to work for a company that is defined by its core values, diverse culture, and market and professional leadership? Kittelson is seeking to hire an administrative professional in our Orlando office who will support staff and create an impactful first impression for internal and external clients. You will provide support to our 50 (and growing) engineers, planners, and accounting and marketing staff in the Florida region. You will fill roles specific to the Florida offices as well as operate as part of the firmwide administrative team. Your schedule will be dynamic, comprising a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities. The ideal candidate for this position is organized and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, is technology savvy, and is a motivated team player. This is an hourly position; full-time is preferred, but part-time will be considered.
The administrative professional will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
Office Administrative Support
- Provide meaningful first impressions and client service as the face and voice of the Florida region by screening incoming calls to the main office phone and greeting clients, visitors, and vendors.
- Assist with meeting/conference/event planning, including supply/food ordering.
- Lead office operations by keeping office and kitchen supplies stocked and common areas maintained.
- Actively participate as a member of Kittelson’s firmwide administrative team, handling administrative requests such as booking travel and accommodations, calendaring, mailing and shipping, and updating contact databases.
It is estimated that the office administrative tasks will encompass approximately half to three-quarters of a full-time position.
- Assist the Florida staff, including the leadership team, with various tasks such as: correspondence, memos, transmittals, and emails; and gathering, organizing, and summarizing information for projects, marketing efforts, and business operations.
- Support the production of reports and proposals (copying, collating, binding, etc.)
- Assist with special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Process-oriented approach and ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks concurrently, and prioritize work
- Proficiency with technology (knowledge of Office 365)
- Ability to be dependable and trustworthy
- Associate’s (AA) degree (preferred)
Required Soft Skills
- Proven organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Team player who is optimistic, enthusiastic, and open to taking on any task, big or small
- Outward focus, with high level of customer service
Salary and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer‐paid health insurance, an outstanding retirement program, and a diverse cultural environment.
To apply, please submit your profile and attach your resume. No phone calls, please.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Kittelson is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.