Kittelson is seeking a full-time temporary assistant controller to join a team of dynamic accounting and finance professionals to drive financial and operational performance firmwide.
We are seeking an assistant controller who will report directly to our controller and who will be primarily responsible for the monthly financial cycle. The position is full time and temporary, and is expected to last from the date of hire until February 28, 2021. The expected weekly work commitment is 40 to 45 hours. The ideal candidate is able to work independently and remotely, has an eye for detail, is organized, and appreciates a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
This opportunity includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Responsibility for the general ledger, including reconciliation/oversight of account balances (across various platforms including accounting, payroll, expense reporting, etc.)
- Preparation of monthly financial information, including analysis of key metrics and financial performance measures
- Ad hoc scenario modeling and year-end forecasting
- Assistance with database administration of accounting system (Deltek Vision)
- Managing sales/use and property tax reporting requirements
- Preparation in Q1 of tax- and audit-related workpapers
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (or equivalent)
- Minimum 10 years of accounting experience
- Tech savvy, with strong Excel experience
- Effective written communication skills
- Orientation to detail, and ability to produce quality work products
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines while ensuring that pending issues are addressed
- Strong analytical ability; capable of critically analyzing the details while also thinking broadly and producing big-picture solutions
- High level of integrity and ability to conduct work professionally from home
- Adaptable—embraces change
- Team player—shares resources and responds to others’ questions
- Dependable, patient, and trustworthy
- A/E industry experience with proficiency in Deltek Vision
- CPA license (or eligible)
- 2-4 years of experience in public accounting
Interviews for this position will be conducted via video conferencing software.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer‐paid health insurance, an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity and inclusion.
Salary is expected to be $50 per hour (which includes $43.50 per hour of base salary plus $6.50 per hour of employer-paid retirement compensation). Salary is dependent on experience.
Please express interest for this position by using the “Apply Now” button. During the application process you will be asked to upload a cover letter and resume.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.