Kittelson is looking for a talented, experienced full-time Business Licensing Specialist to join its team of dynamic financial and risk management professionals and help us collectively manage firm business matters.
Reporting directly to our Risk Manager, this position provides a unique opportunity to develop and contribute your corporate licensing, risk management and legal acumen – growing both your responsibilities and impact. Your mentorship team will include a talented set of business professionals including our Risk Manager, CFO and Corporate Controller, as well as key external legal, licensing and insurance advisors.
Who We Are: Kittelson & Associates, Inc. (“Kittelson”) provides transportation engineering, planning, and research services to government agencies, municipalities, and private business organizations. We develop thoughtful and creative transportation solutions that apply directly to real‐world problems, with the goal of improving the performance of all transportation systems and equitably serving all members of a community. We operate as “one firm, many locations”, guided by the principles of serving others first and continually raising the bar in our profession.
Use your corporate business/legal expertise, research capabilities, judgment, problem-solving capabilities, and communication skillsets to help Kittelson serve clients and communities across the country as an integral member of our Business Services and Risk Management Teams.
This opportunity includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Manage the firm’s licensing and registration records and process to ensure Kittelson maintains compliance with all state, county and city requirements for engineering firms or “contractors” as Kittelson may be defined under such requirements. Research statutory and administrative requirements and facilitate needed licensure and registration should Kittelson pursue work under new jurisdictions. Must possess ability to effectively direct third-party compliance vendor, Corporation Service Company (“CSC”).
- Support technical staff and proposal coordinators across the firm by compiling a broad range of Kittelson business and legal information to support various contract-requested documents and commitments. Prepare or complete specific documents as may be required.
- Assist technical staff by modifying Kittelson’s standard subconsultant agreements to include client-mandated flow-down provisions for specific projects.
- Maintain all corporate legal documents
- Manage various business insurance processes including processing payment of premiums, archival of annual policies and other documentation, quarterly drone coverage updates, etc.
- Assist with various legal, corporate, business insurance projects, processes, and special requests.
- Two to five years’ progressive applicable business/legal experience
- Proven ability to independently research, understand, and act upon government procedures
- Acute attention to detail with an ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Sound judgment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Prior corporate assistant, legal assistant, or paralegal training
- Understanding of corporate governance
- Professional service/consulting firm experience
- Experience directing third-party corporate service providers such as CSC, Wolters Kluwer, etc.
Salary and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, a generous paid-time-off program (in addition to parental leave), an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity & inclusion.
Depending on experience, total compensation for this position ranges from $26.50 – $33.75 per hour (consisting of base rate of $23.00 – $29.35 per hour plus 15% of employer-paid retirement). This position is also eligible for a year-end performance bonus. Kittelson has a unique approach to total compensation that we share in detail in the interviewing process.
If you have a passion for what you do and want to work with a team that is making a difference today, we want to hear from you! Click the “Apply Now” button to be directed to the application page.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.