Location: Bend Boise Portland
We are looking for an CAD Technician II to join our Northwest team of technology professionals to perform production and CAD support to our nationwide transportation engineering and design projects.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience and training in Bentley MicroStation platforms (V8i and or CONNECT) or Autodesk (Map 3d or Civil3d) with an interest in moving our innovative design practice forward by assisting in developing workflows and processes for project delivery.
The CAD Technician II will be primarily responsible for preparing design drawings, producing plan submittals, and conducting associated tasks for roadway and multimodal projects for State DOTs, Counties, Cities, and other municipalities. The successful candidate will:
- Work full-time, based in one of our northwest offices located in Portland, Bend, or Boise.
- Have the skills to efficiently prepare project base files, prepare design drawings based on designs prepared by engineers, annotate drawings, incorporate red-line comments, and print/plot drawings for review and inclusion in design submittals.
- Prepare plans and submittal documents to meet client CAD standards.
- Work independently while effectively coordinating with a project team.
- Demonstrate an openness to coaching and mentorship in this role and to take on additional responsibilities over the course of their career with the firm.
Note – applicants are required to be physically located in the United States and we are not interested in hiring third party consultants or independent freelancers.
- Minimum 4 years of experience preparing civil design plans for private development or public agencies.
- Extensive expertise using AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- Demonstrated experience preparing design base files, cutting plan sheets, CAD set-up based on agency standards and guidelines and production of plan sets for inclusion in design submittals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with Bentley InRoads, Geopak, OpenRoads, or OpenRoads Designer or with AutoDesk design products, including Civil 3D
- Experience producing construction plans adhering to agency CAD standards
- Experience with programming in LISP (AutoCAD) or VBA (Microstation) to develop macros and scripts to increase CAD efficiency.
- Experience in Bluebeam PDF Software
Preferred Soft Skills
- Passion for the transportation industry and consulting spirit
- Interest in knowledge sharing and mentorship
- A strong interest to learn new and innovative technologies
- Commitment to serving others first and delivering excellence with a high level of customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trusting relationships
- Ability to think on your feet, with strong communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, a generous and flexible PTO program (in addition to parental leave), an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity and inclusion.
Base salary plus retirement range for this position (place in range determined by candidate’s experience): $60,000-90,000.
We also recognize the performance of all staff through a performance bonus program based upon each individual’s contributions to key areas that lead to the achievement of our collective goals.
Flexible Work Environments
Kittelson supports flexible work environments, including providing stipends for cell phone and to offset the cost of setting up a remote or mobile office.
If you have a passion for what you do and want to work with a great team that is making a difference in transportation today, we want to hear from you! Please express interest for this position by using the “Apply Now” button below. During the application process you will be asked to upload a cover letter and resume.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.