Kittelson seeks a CAD Technician in Arizona with experience in civil design using AutoCAD and/or Microstation software.
YOU ARE: a design technician who has a passion for applying their skills to help improve the experience of people using our transportation systems. You love rolling up your sleeves to dig into challenging design problems and you are at your best when in an environment that gives you autonomy to focus your time and attention on serving clients as you follow your passion.
WE ARE: a nationwide transportation engineering and planning firm with a passion for solving challenging transportation-related problems in the communities where we live and work, in order to help improve people’s everyday lives. Listen to how our colleagues describe Kittelson values and culture here.
"What a great place to work! Kittelson provides an environment for staff to develop their technical and business skills, while truly being a people-first organization. One year in, I find the flexibility provided to pursue the work and projects I’m interested in, as well as the mentorship and resources needed to be successful—a winning combination."- Jacob Mirabella, Senior Transportation Engineer, Tampa
We invite you to learn about our team of professionals in Phoenix and Tucson, and the projects they are working on across our offices in Arizona. You may also enjoy exploring design-related projects across Kittelson on the Work page of our website.
The CAD Technician will be primarily responsible for preparing design drawings, producing plan submittals, and conducting associated tasks for roadway and multimodal projects for State DOTs, Counties, Cities, and other municipalities. The successful candidate will:
- Have the skills to efficiently prepare project base files, prepare design drawings based on designs prepared by engineers, annotate drawings, incorporate red-line comments, and print/plot drawings for review and inclusion in design submittals.
- Work independently while effectively coordinating with a project team.
- Demonstrate an openness to coaching and mentorship in this role and to take on additional responsibilities over the course of their career with the firm.
- 4-8 years of experience preparing civil design plans for private development or public agencies.
- Extensive expertise using AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- Demonstrated experience preparing design base files, cutting plan sheets, CAD set-up based on agency standards and guidelines and production of plan sets for inclusion in design submittals.
- Experience using Bluebeam software for review and mark-up of design drawings and managing the plan review process.
- Familiarity with CAD guidelines and standards for state, county, and local Departments of Transportation in Arizona.
- Experience with programming in LISP (AutoCAD) or VBA (Microstation) to develop macros and scripts to increase CAD efficiency.
Compensation and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, a generous and flexible PTO program (in addition to parental leave), an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity and inclusion.
The range for this position is $50,000-75,000, which is a combination of your base salary plus an employer-funded 401K retirement contribution. Position in this range is determined by candidate’s experience. In addition, you will share in firmwide profits each year and earn an annual bonus. Kittelson also provides meaningful support for involvement in industry associations and/or conference participation, as well as the pursuit of professional licenses and certifications.
Flexible Work Environments
The health and safety of our staff and their loved ones is more important to us than where they work. We trust team members to make the decisions that are right for them. Kittelson continues to encourage and support flexible work environments, including providing stipends for cell phones and remote/mobile office setups.
If you have a passion for making a difference in transportation and want to work with a team that puts you in the driver’s seat of your career, we want to hear from you! Take the first step by using the “apply now” button to express interest.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.