Kittelson has an immediate opening for a talented, energetic civil transportation engineer with an interest in roadways to work in our Tucson, Arizona, office.
The civil transportation engineer will join a strong team of design professionals in our Tucson office working on roadway and traffic engineering projects in the Arizona region. Candidates should have the desire to develop a career in roadway engineering, and should possess solid interpersonal skills to interface with clients and Kittelson staff.
- 3+ years of experience in positions with increasing responsibility
- Civil engineering background
- Hands-on experience with geometric and functional roadway design and preparation of final roadway design plans (e.g., roadway, drainage, traffic signals, signing/striping)
- PE in Arizona, or ability to obtain licensure in near future
- Significant experience with either Microstation or AutoCAD
- Experience with InRoads and/or Civil3D desirable
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Passion for design elements of projects
- Interest in working on projects involving roundabouts, Complete Streets, PD&E, etc.
- Entrepreneurial and consulting spirit to serve our clients
- Ability to apply critical thinking to complex engineering problems
Preferred Soft Skills
- Strong communication skills
- Natural teaching and mentoring ability
- Outward focus, with high level of customer service and collaboration
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to build trusting relationships
- Commitment to delivering excellence
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.