Kittelson is seeking a contract assistant to join the accounting team in our Portland, Oregon, office. The contract assistant will be a valuable team player who assists with a myriad of duties related to contracts and other accounting functions. The ideal candidate for this entry-level position is organized, motivated, technology-savvy, and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The position includes the following responsibilities:
- Ensure contract execution for authorized projects: execute contracts when review is complete, and appropriately log contracts in our network file system
- Track the status (negotiation, execution, and follow-up of outstanding items) of each contract using our contract management software
- Review contract insurance requirements and order certificates of insurance
- Renew outstanding certificates of insurance annually based on contract requirements
- Perform various tasks to assist the accounting team with production of weekly reports (including opportunity to help automate processes surrounding reporting)
- Assume ad hoc administrative duties as requested by our controller or financial and risk manager
The successful candidate will: a) demonstrate proven organizational skills and acute attention to detail; b) be process oriented and able to work independently, document tasks, and prioritize work; c) be an optimistic and enthusiastic team player open to taking on any task big or small; d) be proficient with technology (knowledge of Office 365 a plus); e) have earned an associate’s degree; and f) be dependable and trustworthy.
This position offers competitive salary and benefits, including comprehensive employer‐paid health insurance, an outstanding retirement program, and a diverse cultural environment. No phone calls, please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.