Kittelson & Associates, Inc. (KAI) has an immediate opening for a Senior Transportation Design Project Manager in our Boise, Idaho office. We are looking for a talented, energetic professional to join the team to work on roadway and traffic engineering projects ranging from concept to final design
The Senior Transportation Design Project Manager, based in our Boise office, will apply intensive and diversified knowledge of transportation engineering and design principles across a broad range of projects in multiple locations throughout the U.S. He/she will:
- Provide roadway and intersection design guidance and support with responsibility for all aspects of project and client management, project development, business development and mentoring and guiding junior level staff.
- Orchestrate project teams of various sizes and skills and manage staff and subconsultants across multiple offices and locations.
- Be responsible for quality assurance and quality control through the development and review of construction plans, specifications and estimates.
- Interface with clients and look for and create opportunities to take on additional responsibility as you manage your own career path.
- Represent clients and the firm at project meetings, open houses and/or public hearings.
- 8+ years of civil engineering experience with an emphasis in roadway and intersection design and preparation of final design plans.
- Experience leading projects involving designs of the following elements: roadways, intersections, roundabouts, drainage, pedestrian/bicycle facilities, traffic signals, construction traffic control, illumination, and/or signing & striping.
- Applied advanced project management and scheduling principles for all sizes of transportation design projects.
- Experience with the management and coordination of multidisciplinary teams involving one or more subconsultants.
- A PE in either ID or MT and the willingness to obtain licensure in other states through reciprocity.
- Experience mentoring or training other staff in the technical elements of transportation design.
- Experience working with one or more of the following design software tools: Microstation, InRoads, Geopak, OpenRoads, and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Entrepreneurial by nature and ready to help grow our firm’s transportation design practice;
- Passionate for the transportation industry with a genuine commitment to the profession;
- Outward focused with an inherent belief in customer service, collaboration and teamwork;
- Excited to teach and mentor other staff;
- Comfortable working with little guidance or oversight in an organization with a relatively flat structure; and
- Eager to apply critical thinking to complex engineering problems and to communicate solutions to our clients, project stakeholders and the general public.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.