Kittelson & Associates, Inc. is seeking an Engineer in Phoenix, AZ. This person will perform simple to moderate analysis under guidance of an experienced engineer/planner, and through a series of related detailed steps and processes. Draft sections of technical memorandums for Engineer/Planners review. Prepare partial sets of roadway design plans under the direct supervision of an engineer. Perform on‐screen CADD/GIS editing on design plans as directed by Project Manager(s). Review traffic signal design plans and traffic analysis models prepared by other analysts, engineers or planners. Develop and implement advanced arterial performance strategies for clients (including signal retiming). Independently develop 3D roadway and utility models to be used in construction documents. Independently develop traffic signal plans, specifications, and estimates. Write the complete memoranda and reports, prepare chapters for whole engineering/planning reports. Manages own time and budget commitments while communicating with project managers. Balance project commitments with internal KAI opportunities and responsibilities. Manage invoicing, tracking schedule, and budget for small sized projects ($10,000-$50,000 in total fees) or as part(s) of major projects. Work with clients and their technical staff with the supervision of a more experienced engineer/planner. Work directly with client’s technical staff on large projects. Coordinate business development strategy with other managers for roadway design and traffic operations projects in Arizona.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Must hold Arizona Professional Engineer (PE) License.
- Minimum 2.5 years of experience as Transportation Analyst.
- Experience must include the following:
- Minimum 2.5 years of experience developing roadway design plans, from conceptual design to construction documents.
- Minimum 2.5 years of experience of experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D & MicroStation CADD software packages.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Synchro and VISTRO Traffic Analysis software packages.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with VISSIM Traffic Simulation software package.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Transync traffic signal diagnostic and evaluation software packages.
- Minimum 2.5 years of experience spreadsheet processing, macro writing, and advance use of Microsoft products such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Minimum 2 years of experience using state/local design guidelines including: Maricopa Association of Governments Uniform Standard Details for Public Works Construction, Arizona Department of Transportation Construction Standard Drawings, Pima County/City of Tucson Pavement Marking Design Manual, Pima County Roadway Design Manual.
- Minimum 2 years of experience using national guides including: Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, AASHTO A Policy on Geometric Design of Highway and Streets, NACTO Urban Bikeway Design Guide, ITE’s Trip Generation Manual.
To apply: Send resume to Kittelson & Associates, Inc., Attn: Melissa Bourquein, 851 SW 6th Avenue, Suite 600, Portland, OR 97204.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.