Location: Tallahassee Orlando
Kittelson has an immediate opening for a talented, energetic entry- to junior-level transportation professional in our Orlando and Tallahassee, Florida, offices.
The entry- to junior-level transportation professional will join our growing local practice and help expand our regional and national expertise in transportation engineering and planning. This position will involve working alongside nationally known experts who will provide mentorship and guidance for growth opportunity. The individual will be responsible for conducting analytical work and technical writing in a variety of projects including traffic operations, transportation planning, safety evaluations, multimodal studies, data analytics, and more. Candidates should have solid interpersonal skills to interface with internal staff and external clients as well as a drive for assuming increasing responsibilities throughout their career.
- 0-5 years of experience
- Bachelor of science in civil engineering, master’s degree in urban planning, or related degree with equivalent experience
- Interest (experience preferred) in working on a variety of innovative projects involving traffic operations, transportation planning, multimodal studies, safety evaluations, and data analytics
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, GIS, Synchro, HCS, and programming software (e.g., Python, SAS)
- EIT, PE, or AICP
Preferred Soft Skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude with desire to take on additional responsibility
- Passion for the transportation industry and consulting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High aptitude for learning
- Commitment to delivering excellence
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.