Kittelson has an immediate opening for an entry- to junior-level transportation professional based in our growing Tallahassee office.
The entry- to junior-level transportation professional will join our growing local practice and help expand Kittelson’s regional and national expertise in transportation engineering and planning. This position will involve working alongside nationally known experts who will provide mentorship and guidance. The individual will be responsible for conducting analytical work and technical writing in a variety of projects including traffic operations, transportation planning, safety evaluations, multimodal studies, data analytics, and more. Candidates should have solid interpersonal skills to interface with peers and external clients as well as a drive for assuming increasing responsibilities throughout their career.
- 0-5 years of experience
- Bachelor of science in civil engineering, urban planning, or related degree
- Interest in working on a variety of innovative projects involving traffic operations, transportation planning, multimodal studies, safety evaluations, and data analytics
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, GIS, Synchro, HCS, and programming software (e.g., Python, SAS)
- Experience on a variety of innovative projects involving traffic operations, transportation planning, multimodal studies, safety evaluations, or data analytics
- EIT, PE, or AICP certification
Preferred Soft Skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude with desire to take on additional responsibility
- Passion for the transportation industry and consulting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High aptitude for learning
- Commitment to delivering excellence
Compensation and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, a generous and flexible PTO program (in addition to parental leave), an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity and inclusion.
Base salary plus retirement range for this position (place in range determined by candidate’s experience): $66,000-90,000
We also recognize the performance of all staff through a performance bonus program based upon each individual’s contributions to key areas that lead to the achievement of our collective goals.
Flexible Work Environments
The health and safety of our staff and their loved ones is more important to us than where they work. We trust team members to make the decisions that are right for them. Kittelson continues to encourage and support flexible work environments, including providing stipends for cell phones and remote/mobile office setups.
Federal Contractor Notification: As a covered contractor committed to retaining its Federal clients and projects and the related opportunities provided to our staff, Kittelson is required to adhere to Federal Contractor COVID-19 vaccination mandates, which require proof of full vaccination status or an approved religious or medical exemption. Full details can be referenced on our website here.
If you have a passion for making a difference in transportation and want to work with a team that puts you in the driver’s seat of your career, we want to hear from you! Take the first step by using the “apply now” button to express interest.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.