Kittelson & Associates is looking for an Internal Communications Specialist to bring strategy and unity to our internal communications efforts as we continue to grow.
WE ARE: a transportation engineering and planning firm that is committed to developing thoughtful and creative solutions, with the goal of improving the performance of transportation systems and equitably serving all members of a community.
YOU ARE: an experienced communications professional with a people-first mindset, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a desire to make a positive impact in your organization.
The Internal Communications Specialist will be part of Kittelson’s communications team and responsible for all inward-facing communications, including:
- Strategizing methods and channels for staff to share information and connect in a hybrid work environment
- Leading planning efforts, topic strategy, and production of all-staff meetings
- Overseeing our intranet and other internal communication channels
- Working with committees and initiatives across the firm to create meaningful announcements and keep staff appraised of progress
- Working with company leadership to develop and disseminate internal messages
- Keeping a pulse on staff needs and preferences to keep internal messaging relevant and effective
- 3+ years of direct internal communications experience
- Competency with public speaking and meeting facilitation
- Exceptional writing skills
Preferred Soft Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trusting relationships
- Passion to foster an environment of inclusion through internal communication practices
- Active listening, with the ability to gauge the preferences and needs of coworkers
- Entrepreneurial spirit and interest in charting new pathways/programs
- Strategic thinking and creative problem-solving abilities
Salary and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, a generous and flexible PTO program (in addition to parental leave), an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity and inclusion.
Base salary plus retirement range for this position (place in range determined by candidate’s experience): $55,000 – $75,000
We also recognize the performance of all staff through a performance bonus program based upon each individual’s contributions to key areas that lead to the achievement of our collective goals.
Flexible Work Environments
Kittelson supports flexible work environments, including providing stipends for cell phone and to offset the cost of setting up a remote or mobile office.
If you have a passion for what you do and want to work with a great team that is making a difference in transportation today, we want to hear from you! Please express interest for this position by using the “Apply Now” button below. During the application process you will be asked to upload a cover letter and resume.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.