Kittelson is seeking a full-time junior graphic designer to join our firmwide Creative Services Group.
In this position, based in Kittelson’s Orlando office, you will work directly with senior staff to conceptualize, create, and execute a wide range of marketing and project deliverables. You must be someone who can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts, and other designs. You should be highly creative and have a sharp eye for details, with a goal to create impactful designs that capture and promote our company vision.
Communication is a big part of the job, so the junior graphics designer must feel confident enough to contribute to the entire creative process. Our ideal candidate is a hungry, motivated self-starter who is ready to jump into a busy environment and gain valuable industry experience. If you’re passionate about design and eager to learn more, we’d like to meet you.
A junior graphic designer needs to have a wide range of design and creative capabilities, including:
- A desire to learn and the willingness to do menial tasks as well as take on more complex challenges
- Strong attention to detail; ability to be organized and consistent regardless of project size
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients
- Ability to meet tough deadlines and juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude
- Able to follow instructions and assist other designers in production-related tasks
- Able to take direction and use feedback to create and modify designs while still being self-driven
- Able to produce visually attractive and effective designs, from concept to final product
- Understanding of visual elements (layout, fonts, etc.)
Tasks will include:
- Regularly communicating with Kittelson’s art director and Creative Services Group to create cohesive designs
- Maintaining and improving design standards as well as offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas
- Assisting with the organization and maintenance of the corporate digital asset platform
- Putting together disparate elements of a design created by another designer, such as icons, photographs, and other components
- Practicing and reinforcing file management protocols and naming conventions; producing and maintaining digital libraries
- 2-5 years of graphic design experience
- BA or BFA in art, or degree in other design-related discipline preferred
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, in particular InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Word and PowerPoint
- Exceptional creativity, enthusiasm, sense of humor, team spirit, commitment, professionalism, and humility
- Strong spoken, written, and visual communication and presentation skills
Please provide a resume AND a portfolio! The portfolio is a requirement for consideration.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.