Kittelson has an immediate opening for a talented and energetic junior- to mid-level transportation engineer in our Baltimore, Maryland, office.
The junior- to mid-level transportation engineer with experience in traffic engineering will join our growing local practice in Baltimore and support projects in Maryland and the mid-Atlantic/Northeast area. The individual will be responsible for conducting analytical work and technical writing for a variety of projects, including traffic analysis, safety evaluations, roundabout and alternative intersection evaluations, signing and pavement marking design, and traffic signal design. This position will involve working alongside nationally known experts who will provide mentorship and guidance for growth opportunity. This position will involve working with staff in Baltimore (in person) and other offices (typically remotely). Candidates should have solid interpersonal skills, a willingness to collaborate internally and externally, and a drive for assuming increasing responsibilities throughout their career.
- 3 to 10 years of experience
- Bachelor of science in civil engineering or related degree, with equivalent experience
- Interest (experience preferred) in working on a variety of innovative projects involving traffic operations, highway safety evaluations, traffic design, and transportation research and guideline development
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Experience with Synchro, HCS, and AutoCAD and/or Microstation
- EIT or PE
Preferred Soft Skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude with desire to take on additional responsibility
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for the transportation industry and consulting
- High aptitude for learning
- Outward focus
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.