Kittelson is seeking a contract specialist to join our Business Services team. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and is a motivated team player. The position includes the following responsibilities:
- Review contracts and requests for proposals (RFPs) for legalese and insurance requirements; flag issues and queue up for negotiation
- Document and track open items in our contract management software tool
- Mark up contracts electronically using Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF software tools
- Draft project-specific subconsultant agreements to include applicable flow-downs, and negotiate modifications with subconsultants (including insurance requirements)
- Act as a business advisor for internal staff regarding the contract review process
- Assist with our annual business insurance renewal process
Reporting to our financial and risk manager and working primarily out of our Portland, Oregon, corporate headquarters, the contract specialist will play an integral role in Kittelson’s contracting process and will serve as a firmwide contract resource. The position entails 5-10% travel to ensure effective connections with staff across the firm. The successful candidate will: a) demonstrate proven organizational skills and acute attention to detail; b) be process oriented and able to work independently, document tasks, and prioritize work; c) exhibit excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills; d) have earned a bachelor’s degree (paralegal a bonus); e) have a minimum of three years’ experience drafting contract reviews; f) be dependable and trustworthy; and g) approach problems and make decisions methodically.
This position offers competitive salary and benefits, including comprehensive employer‐paid health insurance, an outstanding retirement program, a diverse cultural environment, and a flexible work schedule. No phone calls, please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.