Kittelson is looking to add a Contract Specialist to our Business Services team. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and is a motivated team player. This opportunity includes the following responsibilities:
- Review contracts and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for legalese and insurance requirements; flag issues and queue up for negotiation
- Document and track open items in our Contract Management software tool
- Mark up contracts electronically using Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF software tools
- Draft project-specific Subconsultant Agreements to include applicable flow-downs and negotiate with subconsultants who request modifications (including Subconsultant Insurance requirements)
- Act as a business advisor for internal staff regarding the contract review process
- Assist with our annual Business Insurance renewal process
Reporting to our Financial & Risk Manager and working primarily out of our Portland, Oregon corporate headquarters, this role will play an integral role in Kittelson’s contracting process and will be a firm-wide contract resource. Plan on 5% – 10% travel to ensure you’re connecting with our staff across the firm effectively. The successful candidate will: a) demonstrate proven organizational skills and acute attention to detail; b) be process oriented and able to work independently, document tasks, and prioritize work; c) exhibit excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills; d) have earned a Bachelor’s Degree (paralegal a bonus); e) minimum three years’ experience drafting contract reviews; f) be dependable and trustworthy; and g) approach problems and decisions methodically.
This position offers competitive salary and benefits including diverse cultural environment, flexible work schedule, comprehensive employer‐paid health insurance, and an outstanding retirement program. No phone calls please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.