Kittelson has an immediate opening for a talented, energetic office administrator and communications assistant in our Portland, Oregon, office.
Introduction to Kittelson
Kittelson & Associates, Inc. (Kittelson) is a transportation engineering and planning consulting firm headquartered in Portland, Oregon. The firm is continually growing and currently encompasses 240 staff in 25 offices throughout the United States.
How would you like to work for a company that is defined by its core values, diverse culture, leadership, and emphasis on mentoring and professional development? Kittelson is hiring an office administrator and communications assistant in our Portland office who will support staff and create an impactful first impression for visitors to the office. In addition, the role will support our firmwide communications coordinator with written and digital communications, including presentations. This is a full-time, hourly position.
Office Administrator Work Description (50% of time)
In this position, you will provide support to 80 engineering, planning, accounting, and marketing staff in our Portland office, filling office-specific roles as well as operating as part of the firmwide administrative team. Your schedule will be dynamic, comprising a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities. As Portland’s office administrator, you will:
- Provide meaningful first impressions and client service as the face and voice of the Portland office, answering the phone and greeting clients, visitors, and vendors.
- Assist with meeting/conference/event planning, including supply/food ordering.
- Lead office operations by keeping office and kitchen supplies stocked and common areas maintained.
- Actively participate as a member of Kittelson’s administrative team by taking part in monthly team meetings and training sessions, etc.
- Provide firmwide office support, including assisting with travel and accommodations bookings, calendaring, mailing and shipping, and making database updates.
- Prepare and/or compose reports, correspondence, memos, transmittals, and emails.
- Assist with special projects on an as-needed basis.
Communications Assistant Work Description (50% of time)
In this position, you will work with our firmwide communications coordinator to improve and enhance Kittelson’s internal and external communications. You will support the development of strategic messages for external platforms—Kittelson’s website, social media platforms, and e-newsletter—as well as internal platforms such as presentations, emails, and internal newsletters. Specific responsibilities include:
- Digital communications tracking and reporting
- Content creation and editing for social media, email marketing, and blogging
- Email list management
- Implementing social media posts and monitoring social media channels
- Support for other internal and external communications initiatives
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft 365 skills (specifically Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Teams)
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with or interest in strategic digital communications campaigns
- Experience managing or contributing to corporate social media accounts
- SEO knowledge (preferred)
- WordPress and HTML (preferred)
Preferred Soft Skills
- Energetic team player
- Ability to thrive in self-directed environment
- Attentive to detail
- Capable of prioritizing projects and handling multiple projects concurrently
- Strong desire to learn
- Others-first mentality, with high level of customer service
- Highly trustworthy, responsible, and reliable
Salary and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits, including comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, an outstanding retirement program, and a diverse cultural environment.
To apply, please submit your profile and attach your resume.
Kittelson is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.