Kittelson has an immediate opening for a talented, energetic office administrator in our Reston, Virginia, office.
The office administrator will support Kittelson’s engineers, planners, and other staff in the northeast region, working out of Kittelson’s Reston office. This is a full-time, hourly position. In this role, you will fill many office-specific and regional roles and operate as part of the firmwide administrative team. Tasks and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Office Administrative Tasks (85%)
- Actively participate as a member of Kittelson’s administrative team, handling firmwide administrative requests, attending monthly team teleconference meetings, etc.
- Provide firmwide office support for booking travel and accommodations, calendaring, mailing, and shipping
- Assist with daily operations of the Reston office and nearby Washington, DC, office by keeping office and kitchen supplies stocked and ensuring that common spaces are tidy and look professional
- Assist other offices in the region remotely, and visit these offices occasionally to provide in-person administrative support
- Act as a liaison between the Reston office and its building management team for facilities-related communications
- Assist with coordination of meetings (i.e., room set-up, lunch arrangements, etc.)
Project Manager Assistance (15%)
- Assist with various engineering projects/proposals on an as-needed basis
- Proofread and format various documents, typically in MS Office Word 2016 and Adobe Acrobat
- Assist proposal coordinators with gathering, organizing, and maintaining staff and project qualifications (resumes, project descriptions, etc.)
- Assist with proposal production (copying, collating, binding, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word skills (ability to create and modify style sheets and format 100+ page reports); experience with Adobe InDesign a plus or willingness to learn
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Soft Skills
- Energetic team player
- Ability to thrive in self-directed environment
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels
- Capable of handling multiple projects concurrently
- Strong desire to learn
- Outward focus, with high level of customer service
Salary and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits, including comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, an outstanding retirement program, and a diverse cultural environment. To apply, please submit your profile and attach your resume.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed in this position and are not intended as an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.