Kittelson & Associates has an immediate opening for a People Operations Leader who is passionate about the growth, development, and wellbeing of others.
YOU ARE: an experienced human resources professional with a people-first approach, an entrepreneurial mindset, and a desire to improve employee engagement, development, and retention within an organization.
WE ARE: a passionate transportation engineering and planning consulting firm that celebrates an entrepreneurial spirit and is committed to the long-term success of our people. Listen to how our colleagues describe Kittelson values and culture here.
"I love this company’s flat structure. I get to lead projects I am passionate about and organize project teams around tasks, not titles."- Amanda Leahy, Associate Planner
Whether we’re recommending improvements for a single intersection or helping communities plan for automated vehicles, the team at Kittelson loves tackling transportation challenges through planning, operations, design and research. We’re a diverse, interconnected group of ~300 people (representing 19 different countries) working in 27 offices around the United States. Kittelson is truly operates as “one firm in many locations.”
In this new role, a successful People Operations Leader will help us nurture our strong company culture while supporting the overall staff experience for team members across the firm. Responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop a deep understanding of the business, our culture, drivers for growth and work with our firmwide leadership to develop and implement a people operations strategy that supports Kittelson values and our overall vision.
- Use a data driven approach to determine what HR systems and processes we need to support a rapidly growing workforce.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance in firmwide activities such as hiring, onboarding, career development, retention, DEI, leadership development, performance management, compensation and benefits.
- Participate in the design of firmwide procedures and benefits ensuring compliance with employment-related laws and regulations.
- Help design and carry out staff development programs and initiatives to support the professional growth of individuals.
- Serve as a trusted strategic business partner and advisor to the CEO and the Executive Leadership Team on key organizational and management issues, while simultaneously serving as a change agent and leader in support of the overall vision.
- Identify trends and recommend proactive solutions for attracting and retaining the best talent.
- Build, train, and mentor the People team as it scales activities across talent acquisition, employee engagement, employee relations, organizational development, compensation, and benefits.
- 10+ years of experience in human resources, learning and development or related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, organizational development or related field.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including employee relations/conflict resolution; DEI; performance management; and employment legal matters.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment and lead a remote team.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and drive; understands how to intelligently use resources (i.e. existing content and talent) to develop and realize a vision.
- Possess exceptional people management and facilitation skills; outstanding communication skills and ability to connect with individuals across all levels of the organization.
- Professional service firm experience, supporting staff with the challenges inherent within the consulting industry.
- Financial acumen to broadly balance resources and understand the financial implications and tradeoffs of investments in every aspect of the business, including our staff.
Compensation and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, a generous and flexible PTO program (in addition to parental leave), an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity and inclusion.
Base salary plus retirement range for this position (place in range determined by candidate’s experience): $110,000 to $130,000
We also recognize the performance of all staff through a performance bonus program based upon each individual’s contributions to key areas that lead to the achievement of our collective goals.
Flexible Work Environments
The health and safety of our staff and their loved ones is more important to us than where they work. We trust team members to make the decisions that are right for them. Kittelson continues to encourage and support flexible work environments, including providing stipends for cell phones and remote/mobile office setups.
"After joining Kittelson in June 2021, midway through my career, I was impressed to find that Kittelson had established several forums for staff to provide thoughts, concerns, and ideas on their personal experiences working during the pandemic and used that information to understand viewpoints and support success, not to dictate next steps."- Mychal Loomis, Associate Engineer
Federal Contractor Notification: As a covered contractor committed to retaining its Federal clients and projects and the related opportunities provided to our staff, Kittelson is required to adhere to Federal Contractor COVID-19 vaccination mandates, which require proof of full vaccination status by December 8, 2021 or an approved religious or medical exemption. Please let us know if you would like to discuss any of these matters prior to or during the interview process.
If you have a passion for making a difference in a people-first organization, we want to hear from you! Take the first step by using the “apply now” “apply now” button to express interest.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.