Kittelson & Associates has an opening for a Project Accountant to join a team of dynamic accounting and finance professionals supporting project activities firmwide. Our Business Services team is distributed nationwide, allowing flexibility for this role to work from our Orlando office or predominately remote.
Our firm is committed to developing thoughtful and creative transportation solutions that directly address real-world problems, with the goal of improving the performance of transportation systems and equitably serving all members of a community.
We are seeking an individual who has an eye for detail, is organized, and appreciates a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with a client-focused mentality. This role will work with project managers, clients, subsidiaries, and peers to generate invoices in compliance with contracts and external client needs as well as to support IT tracking needs.
This opportunity includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Set up projects within Deltek Vision (billing software) to ensure compliance with contract and client requirements
- Execute client billings, which often includes complex governmental documentation and filing requirements, e-billing, and a significant volume of invoices
- Consult and coordinate on a monthly basis with the firm’s project managers on project financial matters
- Correspond with clients; resolve billing questions and disputes
- Connect regularly with peers, as well as with internal and external clients
- Operate as a liaison between the IT department and accounting
- Manage tracking of software licenses and other administrative support as needed
- Prior accounts payable or invoicing experience
- Demonstrated attention to detail and quality work products
- Ability to build relationships with peers and clients with a customer service mindset
- Strong organization, including ability to prioritize various tasks to meet internal/external deadlines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with both internal and external clients
- Strong problem-solving skillset
- Exposure to the Architecture and Engineering industry
- Deltek Vision, Vantage Point software
Salary and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, a generous paid-time-off program (in addition to parental leave), an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity & inclusion.
Compensation for this position: hourly rate of $23-$29 hour (place in range determined by candidate’s experience), subject to overtime, plus 15% of employer-paid retirement. This position is eligible for a year-end performance bonus.
If you have a passion for what you do and want to work with a team that is making a difference today, we want to hear from you!
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.