We are seeking a project accountant to join our team and work with project managers (internal clients), Kittelson clients (external clients), and peers to generate invoices in compliance with contracts and external client needs and to reinforce effective project financial management. The ideal candidate has an eye for detail, is organized, and appreciates a fast-paced, deadline-driven and client-focused environment. This position will be based in our Portland, Oregon, office and will require travel to work out of our Florida office(s) (10% travel annually).
This opportunity includes the following primary responsibilities:
- Set up projects within Deltek Vision (billing software) to ensure compliance with contract and client requirements;
- Create client billing schedules consistent with requests for proposals (RFPs) and contract requirements;
- Execute client billings for Kittelson’s five Florida offices– such billings include complex governmental documentation and filing requirements, e-billing, and a significant volume of invoices;
- Consult and coordinate on a monthly basis with the firm’s project managers on project financial matters;
- Correspond with and coach clients; resolve billing questions and disputes; and
- Connect regularly with peers, as well as with internal and external clients.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills (with both internal and external clients)
- Ability to build relationships with peers and clients
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize internal/external deadlines while ensuring that no pending issues are dropped
- Computer literacy and fluent with 10-key data entry
- Orientation to detail, and ability to produce quality work products
- Proactive and assertive
- Dependable, patient, and trustworthy
- A good sense of judgment, with a knack for problem solving
- Strong desire to learn
- Outward focus, with high level of customer service
This position offers a salary range of $50,000 – $70,000 per year (plus an additional 15% employer-paid retirement) with potential for future growth, as well as benefits that include comprehensive employer‐paid health insurance, a generous paid-time-off program (in addition to parental leave) and a culture that seeks and values diversity. Please express interest for this role using the “Apply Now” button below.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.