Kittelson is seeking an experienced proposal coordinator to work in our Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region. This is an opportunity to join a team of thought leaders and entrepreneurs at a growing, values-driven transportation planning/engineering consulting firm.
This position will be joining an firmwide creative services team located throughout the U.S. and will provide support for a variety of proposal efforts. The preferred location for the position is Kittelson’s Raleigh, North Carolina, office, with consideration given to candidates in Charlotte or Wilmington, North Carolina. The position will serve Kittelson’s 10 offices in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic region and provide firmwide support; 10% or less travel is expected.
The incumbent for this position will:
- Work independently on routine and complex work tasks, often with challenging coordination requirements.
- Work within a team and lead production of marketing proposals.
- Identify, create, and oversee regional proposal/marketing‐related initiatives.
- Collaborate with partnering firm peers and represent the firm through a variety of client/peer interactions.
- Gain and maintain a critical understanding of firm practices and the overall transportation engineering/planning profession.
- Provide knowledgeable support and production skills, develop and maintain marketing information systems and records; conduct research, track leads and execute marketing support activities (i.e. event/trade show coordination).
- With the support of the firm’s project managers and business development leaders, oversee marketing projects and lead proposal coordination efforts.
- Participate/collaborate in establishing and implementing marketing/business development programs, policies, and procedures.
- Provide peer mentorship and training for staff.
- Three (3) to eight (8) years of experience with producing custom proposals for state, municipal, federal and other agencies
- Proficient in InDesign and MS Word
- Working knowledge of database concepts
- Basic understanding of engineering and planning terminology and procedures utilized within the consulting industry
- Knowledge of marketing fundamentals
Preferred Soft Skills
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to teach and mentor other staff
Salary and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits, including comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, an outstanding retirement program, a flexible work schedule, and a diverse cultural environment. To apply, please submit your profile and attach your resume.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed in this position and are not intended as an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.