Location: Reston Washington, DC
Kittelson is seeking an experienced proposal coordinator to work in our Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region. This is an opportunity to join a team of thought leaders and entrepreneurs at a growing, values-driven transportation planning/engineering consulting firm.
The ideal candidate has strong organizational, communication, and time management capabilities; works effectively with a variety of people; continually seeks to improve processes; is detail-oriented; and thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Must have experience in producing proposals and managing the proposal process, combined with the following: Adobe InDesign and MS Word proficiency; proactive and effective communication skills; working knowledge of database concepts; and knowledge of marketing fundamentals.
The successful candidate for this position will join a firmwide creative services team located throughout the U.S. and will provide support for a variety of proposal efforts. The position can be based in either our Reston or our Washington, DC, office. Both offices are located just a short walk from a Metro station.
The incumbent for this position will:
- Work within a team to lead production of marketing proposals; and identify, create, and oversee regional proposal/marketing‐related initiatives.
- Collaborate with peers from partnering firms and represent the firm through a variety of client/peer interactions.
- Gain and maintain a critical understanding of firm practices and the overall transportation engineering/planning profession.
- Provide knowledgeable support and production skills; develop and maintain marketing information systems and records; conduct research and track leads; and execute marketing support activities (i.e., event/trade show coordination).
- Participate/collaborate in establishing and implementing marketing/business development programs, policies, and procedures.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the production of custom proposals for state, municipal, federal, and other agencies
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and MS Word
- Working knowledge of database concepts
- Basic understanding of engineering and planning terminology and procedures utilized within the consulting industry
- Knowledge of marketing fundamentals
Preferred Soft Skills
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with all staff levels
Salary and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits, including comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, an outstanding retirement program, a flexible work schedule, and a diverse cultural environment. To apply, please submit your profile and attach your resume.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed in this position and are not intended as an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.