Kittelson is seeking a full-time proposal coordinator to partner with our Florida region project managers and join a company-wide team of proposal coordinators.
As a proposal coordinator at Kittelson, you will work closely with project managers and peers to generate compelling, winning proposals. The ideal candidate has an eye for detail, is organized, and appreciates a fast-paced, high-volume, deadline-driven environment. This position will be based in our Orlando, Florida, office and may require occasional travel for continued learning and peer exchanges.
This opportunity includes the following primary responsibilities:
- Conducting or participating in Request for Proposal (“RFP”) strategy sessions
- Drafting proposals and overseeing proposal production
- Completing forms required by an RFP
- Working closely with project managers to deliver a proposal that addresses all required criteria outlined in an RFP
- Collaborating with proposal coordinators firmwide on best practices
- Maintaining information systems, including the marketing database, master resumes, project descriptions, and boilerplate content
- Assisting in identifying firms for teaming/partnering
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject (English, communications, technical editing, writing, or similar degree preferred)
- Proposal-writing experience
- High level of integrity
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize internal/external deadlines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Orientation to detail and ability to produce quality work products
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign (or equivalent)
- Dependable, patient, and trustworthy
- Two or more years of proposal-writing experience related to public agency RFP pursuits
- Team oriented
- Highly motivated, with strong desire to learn
- Proactive and creative
- Technical writing/editing skills
- Basic understanding of engineering and planning terminology and procedures utilized within the A/E/C industry
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer‐paid health insurance, a generous paid-time-off program (in addition to parental leave), an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity and inclusion.
Salary range: $42,000 to $48,000 (plus an additional 15% employer-paid retirement), with potential for growth.
To apply, please submit your profile and attach your resume.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed in this position and are not intended as an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.