Kittelson has an immediate opening for a talented and energetic mid-level design engineer in our Orlando, Florida, office to support our established design practice and help lead it into the future.
The mid-level design engineer will join an established practice in our Orlando office and build on our statewide and national expertise in roundabouts, traffic design, complete streets, PD&E studies, and PS&E preparation. This position will involve working alongside nationally known experts in each of these fields who will provide mentorship and guidance for this growth opportunity.
This person will provide design-oriented support for senior-level engineers and planners. He/she will be responsible for developing designs for projects at a variety of different stages (concept through final design) and preparing technical reports, and will be available to step in and take over additional responsibilities as needed. These could include geometric design input into initial phases of planning studies, support in developing detailed concepts or preliminary designs during corridor studies and PD&E studies, and development of final design drawings. The successful candidate will have a strong desire and the interpersonal skills to interface with internal and external clients. Mentoring and support from the team to become successful in this role will be provided. The successful candidate will assume additional responsibility as he/she manages a career path at the firm.
- 3-7 years of experience in roadway design and transportation engineering
- Bachelor of science in civil engineering
- PE preferred
- General design skills to include some or all of the following: geometric design, signal design, signing and marking design, lighting design, vertical and horizontal design
- Experience in preparing plans, specifications, and estimates
- Strong background in MicroStation and AutoCAD
- Strong interest in geometric design
- Interest in roundabout and complete streets design
Preferred Soft Skills
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter attitude with desire to take on additional responsibility
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to teach and mentor other staff
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to build trusting relationships
- High aptitude for learning
- Commitment to delivering excellence
This position offers a total compensation in the range of $65,000 to $120,000 as well as competitive benefits including diverse cultural environment, flexible work schedule, and comprehensive employer‐paid health insurance.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.