Remote, with the ability to work from one of our offices
(with over 20 offices distributed nationwide, this role has the flexibility to select one of our offices; if you prefer to work from home, this role can be predominantly remote)
Currently, we have an opening for a full-time Senior Accountant/Analyst to join a team of dynamic accounting and finance professionals to drive financial and operational performance firmwide.
Our department has begun an exciting transformation where we are focusing on becoming more agile, lean, and efficient, and we want you to be part of this journey! If selected for this new role, you will perform core monthly cyclical accounting and reporting responsibilities, you will help us accelerate our digital transformation, and you will contribute to projects driving firmwide performance.
A more detailed outline of position responsibilities includes:
- Perform monthly accounting close procedures and produce deliverables such as journal entries, reconciliations, and reports
- Utilize your digital acceleration skills to develop Power BI reports, create robotic automation processes, and work with other data transformation platforms
- Oversee and reconcile numerous accounting activities (across various platforms including accounting, payroll, invoicing, expense reporting, etc.) for Kittelson and its subsidiaries
- Support the Controller with the preparation and issuance of monthly financial and decision support information, including analysis of key metrics and financial performance measures (primarily using Microsoft Power BI)
- Implement lean accounting process improvements (using Robotic Process Automation where beneficial)
- Support the Project Controller with the creation of bill rates for Project Managers firm-wide to help sustain profitable projects while complying with applicable client requirements
- Enhance our business and operational effectiveness through actively engaging with various members of our Business Services team on a variety of projects
- Primary Accounting-Focused Team: Controller (direct supervisor), Associates (Accounts Payable/Payroll, Collections), Administrators (Licenses/Registration, Accounting Support), Project Controller, Corporate Controller, and CFO. This team is distributed nationwide.
- Business Services: All Business Services staff, with additional teams focused on benefits, insurance and risk management, finance, and various operations-support projects and initiatives. While primarily located in OR, also includes staff in other states.
- Engineering Staff and Firm Leadership: Distributed nationwide, working remotely and/or from one of our offices. Local offices offer an additional network for support, friends, and partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or equivalent)
- Minimum two years’ experience
- Tech savvy (includes interest in and commitment to remaining leading edge)
- Strong Excel experience
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Public accounting experience, or the equivalent exposure to various accounting responsibilities in private industry
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI and/or Robotic Process Automation Tools
Preferred Soft Skills
- Orientation to detail, and ability to produce quality work products
- Ability to multi-task and work within prioritized deadlines
- High level of integrity
- Team player – shares resources, responds to other’s questions
- Strong analytical ability
- Adaptable – embrace and help drive change
- Strong collaboration skills, using technology to work across multiple offices/locations
Salary and Benefits
The pay range for this position is between $32 – $37 per hour*. As a non-exempt employee you’ll be eligible for overtime, as well as participation in our year-end performance bonus program.
Kittelson also offers competitive benefits that include comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, a generous paid-time-off program (in addition to parental leave), an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity & inclusion.
*Kittelson has a unique approach to total compensation that we share in detail in the interviewing process.
If you have a passion for what you do and want to work with a team that is making a difference today, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your profile and attach your resume.
*Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.*