We are looking for a talented, experienced full-time Senior Accountant / Analyst to join our team of dynamic accounting professionals and help us collectively drive project and firm financial performance. Reporting directly to our Corporate Controller, this position provides a unique opportunity to develop and contribute your accounting and analytical skillsets and leadership acumen – growing both your responsibilities and impact. Your mentorship team will include a talented subset of our Business Services team including our CFO, and will be supplemented by external audits and peer benchmarking/“best practice” studies.
Who We Are: Kittelson & Associates provides transportation engineering, planning, and research services to government agencies, municipalities, and private organizations. We develop thoughtful and creative transportation solutions that apply directly to real‐world problems, with the goal of improving the performance of all transportation systems and equitably serving all members of a community. We operate as “one firm, many locations” guided by the principles of serving others first and continually raising the bar in the profession. Listen to how our colleagues describe Kittelson values and culture here.
In this role, you will use your accounting expertise, business judgment, problem-solving capabilities, and tech-savvy skillsets to become an integral member of our team. Along your journey, you will perform cyclical accounting and reporting responsibilities, help us accelerate our digital transformation, and proactively contribute to project and firm financial performance. With these roles in mind, you will be analytical, have an eye for detail, be organized, and appreciate a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
This opportunity includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Own numerous accounting activities across various platforms (including reconciliations, journal entries, close processes and reporting) for Kittelson and its subsidiaries
- Create bill rates to support profitable projects across the firm while complying with applicable client requirements
- Conduct complex accounting and financial analyses
- Provide information and support for audits and peer benchmarking efforts
- Enhance our operational effectiveness through actively engaging with our various members of our Business Services team on a variety of projects and responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Two to five years’ progressive accounting experience
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of products with strong proficiency in using MS Excel
- Attention to detail with an ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI or Tableau
- Professional service/consulting firm experience
Salary and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, a generous paid-time-off program (in addition to parental leave), an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity & inclusion.
Depending on experience, total compensation for this position ranges from $70,000 – $85,000 (consists of base salary of $61k – $74k plus 15% of employer-paid retirement). This position is also eligible for a year-end performance bonus. Kittelson has a unique approach to total compensation that we share in detail in the interviewing process.
If you have a passion for what you do and want to work with a team that is making a difference today, we want to hear from you!
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.