Kittelson is seeking a full-time Senior Accounting and Reporting Analyst to join a team of dynamic accounting and finance professionals to drive financial and operational performance firmwide.
We are seeking a Senior Accounting and Reporting Analyst who will report directly to our Controller and will be primarily responsible for financial reporting and providing decision support information across the firm. Our department is heading into an exciting time in which we are focusing on becoming more agile, lean and efficient, and we want you to be part of this journey! The ideal candidate is able to get into the weeds while also being excited about impacting firmwide performance. The candidate should have an eye for detail, be organized, and appreciate a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
This opportunity includes (but is not limited to) the following responsibilities:
- Ownership of our accounting system, tailoring databases and reporting to best support firmwide needs
- Responsibility for the general ledger, including reconciliation/oversight of account balances (across various platforms including accounting, payroll, expense reporting, etc.)
- Preparation of monthly financial and decision support information, including analysis of key metrics and financial performance measures (primarily using Microsoft Power BI)
- Ad hoc scenario modeling and year-end forecasting
- Lean accounting process management (using Robotic Process Automation where beneficial)
- Managing sales/use and property tax reporting requirements
- Enhancing our business and operational effectiveness through actively engaging with our CFO, Controller, and our Financial & Risk Manager on a variety of projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or equivalent)
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Tech savvy with strong Excel experience
- Effective written communication skills (this role requires regular interaction with leadership team)
- Orientation to detail, and ability to produce quality work products
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines while ensuring that no pending issues are dropped
- Strong analytical ability; capable of both critically analyzing the details, while also thinking broadly and coming up with big picture solutions
- High level of integrity
- Adaptable – embraces and helps drive change
- Team player – shares resources, responds to other’s questions
- Dependable, patient, and trustworthy
- No prior knowledge of or experience with the A/E Industry (or related software) is required for this role. However, we are seeking someone who is a quick study with an aptitude and strong desire for learning, as we envision the need for an Assistant Controller within the next few years.
- CPA License (or eligible)
- 2-4 years of experience in public accounting
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI and/or Robotic Process Automation Tools
We understand that this time of year is difficult for accounting professionals. As such, we are willing to negotiate a start date that accommodates current schedules and commitments.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer‐paid health insurance, a generous paid-time-off program (in addition to parental leave), an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity & inclusion.
Salary is expected to be $75k, broken down into approximately $65k of base salary and $10k of employer-paid retirement. Salary is dependent on experience with huge potential for future growth.
Please express interest for this role by using the “Apply Now” button. During this process you will be asked to upload a cover letter and resume.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.