Location: Bend Boise Portland
Currently, we looking for an experienced technician to join our Northwest team of technology professionals to perform production, modeling, visualization, and CAD support to our transportation engineering and design projects.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in Bentley MicroStation, InRoads, GeoPak, and OpenRoads design platforms with an interest in moving our innovative design practice forward by assisting in developing workflows and processes for project delivery In this position, you will…
- Work full-time, based in one of our northwest offices located in Portland, or Bend, or Boise.
- Manage time effectively to meet competing deadlines on multiple projects.
- Work closely with our technicians, designers, engineers, and planners firmwide.
- Ensure design integrity, quality, and consistency from project to project.
- Work as part of integrated project teams by providing:
- Development, management, and maintenance of CAD workspaces for State DOT clients
- Plans production set-ups for large and complex plan sets including sheet production, annotation, and management of design files
- Mentorship to staff through training and sharing of skills with others
- Redline markup of plans, graphics, and reports
- Engagement in innovative project types including: building information modeling (BIM), 3D virtual design modeling, 3D visualization rendering, and virtual/augmented reality modeling
- tools/macros to facilitate design and production processes.
Note – we are not interested in hiring third party consultants or independent freelancers.
- 5+ years of full-time CAD experience using Bentley CAD Platforms
- Experience producing construction plans adhering to agency CAD standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A career focus centered on mastering technical tools for creating design deliverables
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with Bentley InRoads, Geopak, OpenRoads, or OpenRoads Designer
- Experience with AutoDesk design products, including Civil 3D
- Experience with Bentley ProjectWise file management software
- Understanding of State Department of Transportation drafting standards and workspaces (e.g., Oregon, Montana, Idaho)
- Experience with mentoring others
- Proficient in Bluebeam PDF Software
Preferred Soft Skills
- Passion for the transportation industry and consulting spirit
- Interest in knowledge sharing and mentorship
- A strong interest to learn new and innovative technologies
- Commitment to serving others first and delivering excellence with a high level of customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trusting relationships
- Ability to think on your feet, with strong communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, a generous and flexible PTO program (in addition to parental leave), an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity and inclusion.
Base salary plus retirement range for this position (place in range determined by candidate’s experience): $70,000-90,000.
We also recognize the performance of all staff through a performance bonus program based upon each individual’s contributions to key areas that lead to the achievement of our collective goals.
Flexible Work Environments
Kittelson supports flexible work environments, including providing stipends for cell phone and to offset the cost of setting up a remote or mobile office.
If you have a passion for what you do and want to work with a great team that is making a difference in transportation today, we want to hear from you! Please express interest for this position by using the “Apply Now” button below. During the application process you will be asked to upload a cover letter and resume.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.