Location: Phoenix Orange Oakland
Kittelson is seeking a full-time senior marketing coordinator to lead proposal efforts and engage in overall marketing activities in our West region, focusing primarily on Southern California and Arizona markets.
This is an opportunity to join a team of thought leaders and entrepreneurs at a growing, values-driven transportation planning/engineering consulting firm. You will work with a group of dynamic transportation and marketing professionals to participate in a variety of business development and marketing activities with a specific focus on project pursuits, proposals, and interviews.
The ideal candidate thrives in a team-based environment, brings a winning track record and experience working with technical staff to develop and implement high-quality project pursuits. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Working with project team to develop strategies for pursuits, client capture plans, and go/no go process
- Coordinating with internal and external staff on the development of proposals and interview presentations
- Developing content to ensure that messaging, value proposition and skills/qualifications of the firm are tailored to each client/project
- Ensuring internal schedules are met for proposal/marketing deliverables
- Creating checklists, outlines and draft content in preparation for proposal development
- Reviewing final marketing materials (editing, proofreading, etc.)
- Laying out and producing proposals in InDesign or Word format
- Preparing basic graphics as needed (organizational charts, schedules, etc.)
- Creating and maintaining marketing materials (resumes, project descriptions, etc.)
- Updating our database (Deltek Vision) with staff and project data and text-library content
- Strong strategic and writing skills with the ability to convey a compelling story for each pursuit
- Demonstrated organizational skills to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels
- Strong proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Attentiveness to detail
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Minimum of 8 years of similar and relevant experience
- College degree preferred, in a field commensurate with the position (e.g., English, communications, marketing)
Preferred Soft Skills
- Team-oriented mindset
- Self-motivated and able to drive projects forward
- Entrepreneurial and consulting spirit to serve internal and external clients
- Passion for, or interest in, the transportation industry and consulting
- Natural teaching and mentoring ability
- A strong desire to learn
Salary and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, a generous paid-time-off program (in addition to parental leave), an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity. Base salary range for this position is $70,000-90,000 (commensurate with experience). Additional information about Kittelson’s approach to total compensation is shared during the interview process.
If you have a passion for what you do and want to work with a great team that is making a difference in transportation today, we want to hear from you! Candidates should express interest using the “Apply Now” button below.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.