Kittelson is seeking a senior proposal coordinator in our Orlando, Florida, office. This position will focus on supporting proposal and marketing efforts in the Florida region. This is an opportunity to join a team of thought leaders and entrepreneurs at a growing, values-driven transportation planning and engineering consulting firm.
As an active member of our firmwide creative services group located throughout the U.S., you will support a variety of proposal and marketing efforts. The position, located in our Orlando office, will serve Kittelson’s five offices in the Florida region and provide firmwide support as needed.
The senior proposal coordinator will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Lead the production of proposals, statements of qualifications, and other deliverables required to secure work from public and private clients.
- Work on routine and complex tasks including lead tracking, pursuit team coordination, content development and editing, proposal layout and graphic design.
- Format proposals and project deliverables using a variety of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite programs (the most common being Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe lnDesign).
- Provide editorial review (for grammar and readability) of proposal and report language.
- Organize and maintain marketing materials and databases including staff resumes, boilerplate texts, references, graphics, testimonials, and project photos and descriptions.
- Collaborate with regional business development leader, project managers, creative services group, teaming partners and others, as well as represent the firm through a variety of client/peer interactions.
- Enhance and implement marketing/business development programs, policies, and procedures in collaboration with regional business development leader.
- Provide marketing support for public involvement/special events.
- Minimum of five (5) years of similar or relevant experience.
- College degree in a field commensurate with the position (i.e., English, Communications, Marketing). In lieu of degree, eight (8) to ten (10) years of relevant A/E/C experience.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat Professional, MS Word, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of database concepts
- Strong writing skills
- Basic understanding of engineering and planning terminologies and procedures utilized within the consulting industry
- Knowledge of marketing fundamentals
- Basic graphic design skills
Additional Preferred Skills
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and MS Excel.
- Technical editing and proofreading experience.
Required Soft Skills
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Detail-oriented and problem-solver
- Effective interpersonal skills to interact and develop relationships internally and externally
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Strive to continuously develop skills and mentor others
- Thrive in a non-structured environment
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits, including comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, an outstanding retirement program, and a diverse cultural environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed in this position and are not intended as an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.