Kittelson has an immediate opening for a senior-level transportation engineer or planner in our Charlotte, North Carolina, office to support our ongoing East Coast work and growth.
Kittelson is looking for an experienced transportation consultant to join our Charlotte office as we continue to grow and expand our East Coast presence. This is an excellent opportunity for a transportation professional with a variety of transportation experience who is looking to work on challenging projects with national leaders in the transportation industry. We offer opportunities for local project leadership, regional business development leadership, and/or technical leadership as part of a national firm with industry-leading work.
In this position, you will pursue and manage a variety of complex projects that may include multimodal traffic operational analysis, active transportation planning, performance management, long-range planning, system- and corridor-level analysis, safety work, transit studies, conceptual design, and other related technical work. Responsibilities include the development and implementation of project work plans from inception and approach through completion of final reports and presentations; management of project staff and budgets; quantitative and qualitative analysis; and participation in business development activities, including advance marketing, proposal writing, and interviews. The ideal candidate will have a strong entrepreneurial spirit for growing the business and a passion for pursing and winning work. It is essential that the candidate have the ability to collaborate with team members and the desire to develop staff at all levels.
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience with a focus on traffic operations, design, transportation planning, or transportation engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in either civil engineering with a transportation emphasis, planning, or a closely-related field; master’s degree preferred
- Hands-on experience in software related to the candidate’s area of expertise within the profession
- Ability to effectively manage projects and develop solid internal and client relationships
- Proven ability to provide quality technical analysis and oversight
- Strong willingness and ability to lead and win competitive marketing pursuits
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- AICP, CTP, PE, PTOE, LEED, and/or PTP certification preferred but not required
- Self-starter with the ability to communicate recommendations persuasively; detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Confident public speaker before laypersons, stakeholders, teaming partners, and owners
Preferred Soft Skills
- Entrepreneurial and consulting spirit to serve internal and external clients
- Passion for the transportation industry
- Natural teaching and mentoring ability
- A strong interest to learn
- Outward focus with a high level of customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trusting relationships
- Ability to think and act persuasively and decisively, with strong communication skills
Salary and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits, including comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, an outstanding retirement program, and a culturally diverse working environment.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.