Location: Oakland Orange Sacramento San Diego
Kittelson is seeking a full-time senior marketing coordinator to lead proposal efforts and engage in overall marketing activities in our West region, focusing primarily on the California market.
YOU ARE: an experienced marketing professional with a people-first mindset, a relentless drive, and a desire to make a positive impact in the community. You love rolling up your sleeves to dig into challenging project pursuits that require your expertise and you are at your best when in an environment that gives you autonomy to focus your time and attention on putting together the very best proposal every time.
WE ARE: a transportation engineering and planning firm that is committed to developing thoughtful and creative solutions, with the goal of improving the performance of transportation systems and equitably serving all members of a community. Our firm celebrates an entrepreneurial spirit and has a strong commitment to putting our people before profits. Listen to how our colleagues describe Kittelson values and culture here.
We invite you to learn about our team of amazing professionals in California, as well as the projects they are working on across our offices in Oakland, Orange, Sacramento, and San Diego. You may also enjoy exploring projects we are involved with across Kittelson on the Work page of our website.
In this role, you will work with a group of dynamic transportation and marketing professionals to participate in a variety of business development and marketing activities with a specific focus on project pursuits, proposals, and interviews.
The ideal candidate has a passion for improving transportation systems, thrives in a team-based environment, brings a winning track record and experience working with technical staff to develop and implement high-quality project pursuits. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Working with project teams to develop strategies for pursuits, client capture plans, and go/no go process
- Leading proposal development and managing the process to delivery including:
- creating checklists and outlines of the RFP requirements
- developing internal schedule for proposal delivery
- drafting general and customized staff descriptions and resumes, project descriptions, firm information
- completing forms
- composing strategic content, such as win themes and value propositions
- designing and layout out proposal content in InDesign and Word format
- Collaborating with internal staff and teaming partners on the development of proposals and interview presentations
- Reviewing final marketing materials (editing, proofreading, etc.)
- Preparing light graphics development as needed (organizational charts, schedules, etc.)
- Creating and maintaining marketing materials (resumes, project descriptions, etc.)
- Updating our database (Deltek Vision) with staff and project data and text-library content
- Participating in office and regional marketing and business development meetings and discussions
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in the production of custom proposals for state, municipal, federal, and other transportation-focused agencies
- Proven writing skills and the ability to convey a compelling story for each pursuit
- Experience tracking and winning strategic pursuits while aiding upstream marketing efforts
- Highly organized, deadline driven, and demonstrates exceptional follow through
- Ability to handle multiple projects (e.g., 4 to 6 proposals) concurrently
- Client focused (internal and external)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject (English, communications, technical editing, writing, or similar degree) preferred
- Experience with other Adobe products is also valuable
- Experience with Deltek Vision
Compensation and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, a generous and flexible PTO program (in addition to parental leave), an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity and inclusion.
The range for this position is $75,000-95,000, which is a combination of your base salary plus an employer-funded 401K retirement contribution. Position in this range is determined by candidate’s experience.
Kittelson provides meaningful support for involvement in industry associations and/or conference participation, as well as the pursuit of professional licenses and certifications. We also recognize the performance of all staff through a performance bonus program based upon each individual’s contributions to key areas that lead to the achievement of our collective goals.
Flexible Work Environments
The health and safety of our staff and their loved ones is more important to us than where they work. We trust team members to make the decisions that are right for them. Kittelson continues to encourage and support flexible work environments, including providing stipends for cell phones and remote/mobile office setups.
"After joining Kittelson in June 2021, midway through my career, I was impressed to find that Kittelson had established several forums for staff to provide thoughts, concerns, and ideas on their personal experiences working during the pandemic and used that information to understand viewpoints and support success, not to dictate next steps."- Mychal Loomis, Associate Engineer, San Diego
If you have a passion for making a difference in transportation and want to work with a team that puts you in the driver’s seat of your career, we want to hear from you! Take the first step by using the “apply now” button to express interest.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.