Traffic and Data Engineer. Kittelson & Associates, Inc. Portland, OR. Perform transportation analysis and provide technical guidance to entry-level engineers/planners. Review traffic signal design plans and traffic analysis models prepared by other analysts, engineers or planners. Develop advanced arterial performance strategies for clients (including signal retiming). Independently develop traffic signal and ITS design plans, specifications, and estimates. Conduct advanced traffic signal controller testing to validate recommended timing plans including both hardware and software in the loop technology. Write complete memoranda and reports and prepare chapters for whole engineering/planning reports. Work with software developers to develop performance metrics using probe data from wireless sensor technologies such as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Manage own time and budget commitments while communicating with project managers. Balance project commitments with internal KAI opportunities and responsibilities. Lead advanced data analytics and ITS related projects. Develop scope, schedules and budget for moderately sized projects ($50,000 to $150,000 in total fees) or as part(s) of major projects. Work with clients and their technical staff with the supervision of a more experienced engineer/planner. Work directly with client’s technical staff on large projects. Develop repeat clients and new client referrals as a result of past performance and client interaction. Coordinate business development strategy with other managers for Traffic Signals and ITS projects in the Northwest region. Regularly conduct marketing meetings with potential clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a transportation analyst
Experience must include the following:
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing traffic signal and ITS design plans, optimizing traffic signal timings in the field, conducting signal controller bench testing, and analyzing large transportation datasets using statistical software.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with wireless sensor technology such as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, and developing transportation-related performance metrics such as travel time, speed, and origin-destination.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with AutoCAD and Microstation CADD software packages.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Synchro and VISTRO Traffic Analysis software packages.
- Minimum 3 years of experience conducting statistical analysis on large transportation datasets and developing user-specific programs using programming languages such as C++, Python and R.
- Minimum 3 years of experience bench testing traffic signal controllers with Voyage, Siemens, and Trafficware firmwares.
- Minimum 1 year of experience spreadsheet processing, macro writing, and advance use of Microsoft products such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Must hold Oregon Professional Engineer (PE) License.
- Must hold Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) Traffic Signal Inspector Certification.
To apply: Send resume to Kittelson & Associates, Inc., Attn: Melissa Bourquein, 851 SW 6th Avenue, Suite 600, Portland, OR 97204. KAI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of veteran status or disability.