Kittelson has an immediate opening for a talented, energetic transportation analyst with an interest in traffic and travel demand modeling to work in our Orlando, Florida, office.
The transportation analyst will join an established practice in our Orlando office and help build on our regional and national expertise in traffic analysis and operations, modeling and simulation. This position will involve working alongside nationally known experts in each of these fields who will provide mentorship and guidance for this growth opportunity.
This staff person will be responsible for conducting transportation data analysis, performing travel demand forecasting in support of planning and engineering studies, developing model applications, preparing technical reports, and will be available to step in and take over additional responsibilities as needed. The position requires computer programming skills, understanding of modeling mechanisms, traffic flow theory, and statistical analysis, and a high aptitude for learning traffic simulation and modeling. The successful candidate will have a strong desire and the interpersonal skills to interface with internal and external clients and will receive mentoring and support from the team to become successful in this role. The successful candidate should have a drive for assuming increasing responsibilities as he/she manages a career path at the firm.
- 0-2 years of professional work experience
- Master’s or Ph.D. in civil engineering, or related engineering degree with equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience using Cube, TransCAD, Visum, or other modeling software
- Proficiency in scripting and computer programming languages (e.g., R, Python, Java, C#, C++, VB and/or FORTRAN)
- Understanding of traffic flow theory and travel demand modeling
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Experience in activity-based modeling or dynamic traffic assignment modeling
- Experience with ArcGIS and statistical models
- Experience in the following programs:
- Cube Avenue/DynusT/Dynameq/DTALite/TransModeler/MATSIM/AIMSUN
- Engineer in Training (EIT) professional designation
Preferred Soft Skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude, with desire to take on additional responsibility
- Interest in working on innovative projects
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to teach and mentor other staff
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to build trusting relationships
- Commitment to delivering excellence
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.