Kittelson has an immediate opening for a mid- to senior-level transportation engineer in our Reston, Virginia, office to support our ongoing work and growth in the mid-Atlantic area. This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled transportation professional who is looking to work on innovative projects with national leaders in the transportation industry.
This person will pursue and manage a variety of complex projects that may include multimodal traffic operational analyses, system and corridor level analyses, safety work, conceptual design, development services, and other related technical areas. Responsibilities include the development and implementation of project work plans from inception of approach through completion of final reports and presentations; management of project staff and budgets; quantitative and qualitative analysis; and participation in business development activities including advance marketing, proposal writing, and interviews. The candidate will have a strong entrepreneurial spirit for growing the business and a passion for pursing and winning work. In our dynamic environment, we place a heavy emphasis on collaboration with team members and on an individual’s commitment to developing staff at all levels.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience with a focus on traffic operations or transportation engineering.
- Virginia PE
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a Transportation Emphasis or a closely-related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Candidates must have significant hands-on experience in software related to their area of expertise within the profession.
- Ability to effectively manage projects and develop solid internal and client relationships.
- Proven experience providing quality technical analysis and oversight.
- Strong willingness and ability to lead and win competitive marketing pursuits.
Preferred Soft Skills
- Experience with planning-level projects
- Self-starter with the ability to communicate recommendations persuasively, be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Confident public speaker in a variety of settings
- Strong collaborator
- Availability to travel
- Entrepreneurial and consulting spirit to serve internal and external clients
- Passion for the transportation industry and consulting spirit
- Natural teaching and mentoring ability
- A strong interest to learn
- Outward focused with a high level of customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trusting relationships
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.