Kittelson has an immediate opening for a talented, energetic, and open-minded intern in our Tallahassee, Florida, office. This is an opportunity to immerse yourself in the transportation profession, learn new skills, and be challenged in the process.
Introduction to Kittelson
Kittelson & Associates, Inc. is a trust‐based organization that provides industry-leading transportation engineering, planning, and research services to government agencies, municipalities, and private organizations. We develop thoughtful and creative transportation solutions that apply directly to real‐world problems, with the goal of improving the performance of all transportation systems. Our staff members practice the firm’s outward‐focused values by leading national transportation research projects, mentoring junior-level staff, providing educational opportunities for industry professionals, and finding ways to improve the value of our work.
As an intern at Kittelson, you will work alongside experienced professionals and nationally known experts to support our transportation engineering and planning practice. You will be given the same responsibilities as our entry-level employees, which include conducting analytical work and technical writing for a variety of projects. Kittelson will pair you with a mentor who will provide support and guidance throughout your internship.
If you are a recent graduate, or a current graduate or undergraduate student, who thinks critically, enjoys solving complex problems, and has a passion to learn about the transportation profession, we want to hear from you!
- Recent graduate, or working toward bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil engineering, urban planning, or related degree
- Interest in working on a variety of innovative projects involving traffic operations, transportation planning, multimodal studies, safety evaluations, and data analytics
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, GIS, and programming software (e.g., Python, SAS)
Preferred Soft Skills
- Passion for the transportation industry
- High aptitude for learning
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills
- Commitment to delivering excellence
This position offers competitive pay.
To apply, please submit your profile and attach your resume. No phone calls, please.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills.