Kittelson’s Orlando office seeks an urban designer or planner who works at the intersection of planning, architecture, and landscape architecture.
The Urban Planner/Designer, will work with a team of designers, planners, and engineers on projects like complete streets design and implementation, transit-oriented development, station area planning, multimodal corridor planning, long-range regional plans, and more. You will impact communities in Florida and beyond through collaboration with our Orlando staff and team members across the U.S. Our firm values put an emphasis on mentorship and growth, so you will also receive long-term support as you take on additional responsibilities and manage your own career path at the firm.
- Three or more years of experience in urban design or landscape architecture related to transportation planning and design.
- Relevant degree in architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning/design, and/or civil engineering with a focus in urban transportation planning.
- Creative problem solver with well-rounded urban design skills.
- Critical thinking skills that incorporate and blend innovative ideas in urban planning, landscape architecture, urban design, and planning and designing multimodal transportation solutions.
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphical story telling skills.
- Practice making complex ideas accessible and engaging to elected officials, project managers, decision-makers, and technical engineering staff.
- Experience leading or directly supporting charrettes or workshops.
- Ability to work independently, learn fast, and balance multiple projects.
- Direct and applicable knowledge of the Adobe Graphics Suite, AutoCAD, and GIS software.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Knowledge of SketchUp, Lumion, or other 3D graphics software.
- Knowledge of additional MicroStation or other CAD/GIS software.
- AICP or RLA Certification.
Preferred Soft Skills:
- An entrepreneurial and consulting spirit.
- A passion for teaching and mentorship.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust-based relationships.
- Ability to think on your feet with strong communication skills.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, a generous and flexible PTO program (in addition to parental leave), an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity and inclusion.
Base salary plus retirement range for this position is: $82,000-$99,000, which is a combination of your base salary plus an employer-funded 401K retirement contribution. Position in this range is determined by candidate’s experience.
Kittelson provides meaningful support for involvement in industry associations and/or conference participation, as well as the pursuit of professional licenses and certifications. We also recognize the performance of all staff through a performance bonus program based upon each individual’s contributions to key areas that lead to the achievement of our collective goals.
Kittelson has a unique approach to total compensation that we share in detail in the interviewing process.
The professionals who now define Kittelson’s reputation and quality of work came to the company one by one, each bringing the commitment, initiative, inquisitiveness, and willingness to take risks that has led to our collective success. Our staff is committed to our overall firm core values to create and sustain a lifelong learning environment for all staff, increase the value and contributions of our profession and the communities we serve, and provide the opportunity for the independent success of all staff.
If you have a passion for what you do and want to work with a great team that is making a difference in transportation today, we want to hear from you! Please express interest for this position by using the “Apply Now” button below. During the application process you will be asked to upload a cover letter, resume, and portfolio.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.