Social distancing and unique travel patterns pose some barriers to transportation planning and engineering projects – but your projects can keep moving. Below are a few of the resources we created for reference during the COVID-19 pandemic; we hope you find them insightful.
Keeping Transportation Projects Moving During COVID-19
Read about developing reasonable estimates of existing and future travel demands, and tools available for online community engagement, at the links below.
- Webinar Recording: Estimating Traffic Counts When There’s No Traffic
- WHITE PAPER: Four Steps to Estimating Traffic Volumes Under COVID-19 Pandemic Conditions
- Moving Public Workshops Online
COVID-19 and Transportation
In recognition of the tremendous impact that COVID-19 has on our transportation systems, we closely followed the changes in travel patterns over the initial weeks of the outbreak in the United States, and shared the data on our blog.
- COVID-19 Is a Wake-Up Call for Transportation
- 6 Transportation Heroes During the Coronavirus Outbreak
Staying Connected, Motivated, & Encouraged While Working Remotely
Here are the principles that guided our transition to remote operations, and that help us stay genuinely connected while working remotely.