Kittelson has an immediate opening for a talented and energetic mid- to senior-level transportation professional in our Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, office.
Kittelson’s Harrisburg office seeks a mid- to senior-level project manager with experience in transportation planning and design. Project experience can include involvement at a local, regional, or national level.
The Mid- to Senior-Level Project Manager, based in our Harrisburg office, will be primarily responsible for effectively managing roadway and multimodal design projects for PennDOT, the PTC, and municipal clients. Additional responsibilities may include policy development and peer review services, intersection control evaluations (ICE) and other studies, road safety audits, bike/ped studies, and more. They will provide internal project management and project strategies/approaches, as well as mentor and guide junior-level staff. The successful candidate will have the desire and interpersonal skills to interface with clients; receive mentoring and support to become successful in this role; and look for opportunities to take on additional responsibilities over the course of their career with the firm.
- 10 to 20 years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility completing projects for state DOT (PennDOT preferred) and municipal clients.
- Working knowledge of transportation engineering, roadway and traffic design, and the project delivery process (PennDOT or PA Turnpike experience preferred).
- Hands-on experience in designing, coordinating, and managing transportation engineering design projects.
- Experience with roadway design software including MicroStation, 3D modeling software (InRoads and/or GEOPAK), AutoTURN, and scheduling software (ASTA Powerproject preferred).
- Familiarity with the procedures and methodologies published in the major national guidelines (e.g. AASHTO & MUTCD) and DOT guidelines (PennDOT preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related field required; master’s degree preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in Pennsylvania
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Confidence in public speaking before audiences of laypersons, stakeholders, teaming partners, and owners
- Experience completing PennDOT Highway Occupancy Permits on behalf of municipalities or development clients
- Familiarity with emerging policy pertaining to urban street design (e.g. NACTO, Vision Zero, etc.) and Every Day Counts initiatives.
- Interest in supporting an array of projects in other Kittelson offices
Preferred Soft Skills
- Entrepreneurial and consulting spirit to serve internal and external clients
- Passion for the transportation industry and consulting
- Natural teaching and mentoring ability
- Strong desire to learn
- Outward focus, with high level of customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to build trusting relationships
- Commitment to delivering excellence
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.