Currently, Kittelson has an opening for a design-focused transportation engineer to support our growing design practice in our Orlando, FL office.
We are looking for an engineer with a passion for the transportation industry and a knowledge of roadway, intersection, bicycling and pedestrian facilities design to lead and support planning & conceptual design studies, project permitting, and preliminary and final design plans production.
The person in this position will provide roadway and intersection design support with responsibility for internal project task management, project strategies and approaches, and mentoring junior level staff. They may be responsible for developing construction drawings and assisting with responsibilities of the principal engineer such as client interaction, development of scopes and fees, and business development tasks. The successful candidate will have a strong desire and the interpersonal skills to interface with project team and will receive mentoring and support to thrive in this role. The successful candidate will have initiative to take on more opportunities and additional responsibilities as they manage their own career path at the firm.
- 4+ years of civil engineering experience with a background in three-dimensional roadway design. The hands-on design experience can include any/all of the following: designing, coordinating, and managing transportation engineering design projects, including roundabouts, shared-use paths, separated bike lanes; signing and striping plans; signal design plans; and construction traffic control plans.
- Experience preparing reports, plans, quantities, and estimates using highway design manuals, the AASHTO Policy, and MUTCD and other local design criteria.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field, Florida professional engineer (PE) registration
- Past experience in internal task management with a track record of organizing and training junior level staff on project components.
- Software: High degree of functionality and understanding of Microstation, AutoCAD, InRoads/OpenRoads and/or Civil3D.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Roundabout planning, operations, and design experience
- An understanding of the Florida DOT Design Manual and Florida Standard Plans and Specifications
- Experience coordinating with utility owners and design subconsultants/primes
Preferred Soft Skills:
- An entrepreneurial and consulting spirit
- Natural teaching and mentoring ability
- A strong interest to learn
- High level of customer service and desire to serve others first
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust-based relationships
- Ability to think on your feet with strong communication skills
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer‐paid health insurance, a generous paid-time-off program (in addition to parental leave), an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity and inclusion.
Base salary range for this position (place in range determined by candidate’s experience): $80,000-$110,000*
*Kittelson has a unique approach to total compensation that we share in detail in the interviewing process.
If you have a passion for what you do and want to work with a great team that is making a difference in Transportation today, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your profile and attach your resume.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.